AGNPH Forums

New Site has officially launched!

•  
    I gooby
    Sorrow
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 10:47 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    i made a test register. the captcha ISNT EVEN THERE.
    or at least, i didnt see it~

Exodus
    Games everywhere~

•  
    Just a gamer and dude that likes having fun
    Dsc
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 10:52 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!

i made a test register. the captcha ISNT EVEN THERE.
    or at least, i didnt see it~

O_O WE
    NEEDS
    CAPATCHA!

On a serious note if thats true Sorrow all us Agners as in for a wild roller coaster ride

•  
    I gooby
    Sorrow
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 11:19 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    no worries. there are plenty of captcha mods for simple machines forums.
    i recommend keycaptcha, since it requires the user to solve a puzzle.

Exodus
    Games everywhere~

•  
    Flygon did it...
    HatchlingByHeart
    Date:Jul 16, 2013 8:27 AM(Edited:Jul 16, 2013 8:30 AM) Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    Sorrow, every option KeyCAPTCHA offer seems to cost money. There's no chance in hell we're using something that costs money when it's built on something that was free in the first place.

The regular captcha was removed because users complained they couldn't read it, and there's no option to restrict it to only registration. Either require captcha to make every single post, or turn it off.

On the note of spam protection, we do actually have a two-pronged attack in place:

On the site, we have the StopForumSpam plugin, which on the site-level, is an unintrusive solution which checks any forums post data, be it registration, private messaging, or posting, for any content that is typical for spambots to post using pattern recognition, and denies post rights to those users.

Also, at the lowest server-level, we have Digibase Operations' BLCache system which blocks absolutely any http post data from any IP address known on another spambot database to be bots, and also checks email addresses for typical spambot patterns. This works at server-level, not site-level, so it protects any page of any software on the server whatsoever.

No spam prevention measure is perfect.

Because spambots are always finding new addresses to launch their assaults from, all of this effort to stop them will only greatly reduce spam, and it's naive to think it will have 100% protection from them (like how any antivirus does not guarentee protection against 100% of viruses). We still have to keep our guards up and report any spam you find.

•  
    I gooby
    Sorrow
    Date:Jul 16, 2013 10:43 AM(Edited:Jul 25, 2013 1:46 AM) Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    That one i sent was free tho .w.
    ah well~ it was just a friendly suggestion~ or recommendation... or whatever that word was.~

edit: psst. dun use it. it doesnt work with the new versions of smf yet < w &gt

Exodus
    Games everywhere~

•  
    I am always watching.
    Kero
    Date:Aug 1, 2013 9:40 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    I'll give the place the full lurk through whenever I've gotten my laptop fixed.

Which I'm hoping is within the next week or so.

I inhabit the Forest Clearing on the MC server.

<<1...567>><<1...67>>