AGNPH Forums

How active is this site these days?

•  
    Anoliz
    Date:Feb 25, 2014 5:20 AM Title:How active is this site these days?
    I've been around this site for a long time and only recently made an account. I noticed a while back when it was agnph.org (I think?) that there was a lot of chit chat goin around everywhere. Now it seems to only be in the forums. Also, is there anyone who is actually on the IRC or am I doing something wrong?

|Life...|

•  
    BioPhoenix
    Date:Feb 25, 2014 6:33 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    I can tell you flat out that the IRC is very much alive.

•  
    Anoliz
    Date:Feb 25, 2014 6:40 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?

I can tell you flat out that the IRC is very much alive.

Then what am I doing wrong? Eh... I'll figure it out some day.Is the gallery alive? I know it doesn't get comments in ever, but do people post new stuff? How is the fics sections?

|Life...|

•  
    BioPhoenix
    Date:Feb 25, 2014 7:20 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    I can't say anything about the fics section, but the gallery does still continually have stuff posted to it, much of it by one heroic Cyndaquil.
    It's in desperate need of taggers, though. Much of the stuff that was ported from the old gallery is still not properly tagged.

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Feb 25, 2014 7:42 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?

I can't say anything about the fics section, but the gallery does still continually have stuff posted to it, much of it by one heroic Cyndaquil.
    It's in desperate need of taggers, though. Much of the stuff that was ported from the old gallery is still not properly tagged.

I'd like to add that it is very hard to judge how active it really is with the system in use, because the biggest way to do that would be to check for the most recent posts and comments. But it may be easier than than I think... maybe.

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Feb 25, 2014 4:38 PM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    Fics section is somewhat active, but could always use more writers.  Gallery gets filled up whenever I have time to upload/tag stuff.

Stop by IRC if you have time, there's always people to chat with there.

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

•  
    Anoliz
    Date:Feb 26, 2014 4:46 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    Cool, cool. If I can figure out how to get into the IRC. Everytime I log into it, I am the only one there. Something is definitely off on my side. :/

I posted to the fics section a while back and got a decent amount of views, but no one ever commented on it or criticized it which is what I wanted, so  I didn't continue it. Now don't get there and pity comment on it. That story is in the closet right now and wont be worked on in some time.

I dunno. I just want to talk to some peeps over the internet and a I'm tired of the usual shit talk I get on reddit for innocent posts...

|Life...|

•  
    Veryd
    Veryd
    Date:Feb 26, 2014 6:33 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    same problem like when I tried it on my smartphone. what program are you using?

•  
    Anoliz
    Date:Feb 26, 2014 7:15 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?

same problem like when I tried it on my smartphone. what program are you using?

Pidgin

|Life...|

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Feb 26, 2014 8:19 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    The IRC page lists a bunch of useful programs, and how to connect to the server (I myself use XChat).  Pidgin is an IM client, and not well suited to IRC, but if you want to use that to connect, make sure you're actually joining the #agnph channel (chatroom) and not just idling.

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

<<123...6>><<12...6>>