AGNPH Forums

How active is this site these days?

•  
    Anoliz
    Date:Feb 26, 2014 4:19 PM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    Finally got on to the IRC!

The IRC page lists a bunch of useful programs, and how to connect to the server (I myself use XChat).  Pidgin is an IM client, and not well suited to IRC, but if you want to use that to connect, make sure you're actually joining the #agnph channel (chatroom) and not just idling.

Pidgin is the first thing on that list. I tried XChat which was more straight forward and easy to use. I still had the same problem but I figured it out and got on.

|Life...|

•  
    Veryd
    Veryd
    Date:Feb 26, 2014 5:50 PM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    congratulation on this one :)
    For myself I tried an IRC APP on my phone but can't remember the name. should try the program for my browser above once the internet is fixed over here

•  
    Arroooo?
    LongDog
    Date:Jun 19, 2014 10:05 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    The KVIRC Client is an extremely customizable irc client that can be downloaded. It is the irc client I use and I have a fair bit of trouble trying to find fault with it. Save for a few small issues that I am certain have settings I can change to fix them theres nothing wrong with it.

I can give you the url to the clients programmer homepage if you'd like.

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Jun 21, 2014 4:47 PM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    Bit late to the party, but to answer the original question:

I think it's quite easy to tell how active the site is these days by the "Users Online" are at the bottom of the main forum page.

For example, this next bit was taken from that area today (June 21, 2014) at 12:46pm Eastern Time (GMT -5):
    Most Online Today: 8. Most Online Ever: 32 (May 07, 2014, 09:17:30 PM)

...yeah, that's how "active" this site is, since the site overhaul. Pretty sure the "Most Online Ever" was less than 32 before last month, for much longer, too.

•  
    Demon
    PokeDemon666
    Date:Jun 24, 2014 7:53 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    AGNPH shall live as long as possible, but I noticed people started leaving a while, before the most recent change. Is pokemon getting boring, are they growing out of a phase? Don't really know. I keep coming in hopes of increase in population and because I've nothing better to do.

15.jpg

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Jun 24, 2014 5:14 PM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    As far as I know, people still love Pokemon (I know I still do), but think that this site is boring and doesn't see alive. I mean, look at how many posts are done in a day, not much, right? It doesn't show activity where the activity counts (Fics, Gallery, IRC).

I don't know how active the Fics and Gallery sections are, but the IRC isn't really interesting (in #agnph, anyways). Kinda shows just how inactive the place really is. Most active place in AGNPH that I found was Minecraft - it doesn't even have to do with Pokemon or the site except in name only.

I really miss 2010/2012, when the CB was still around. We probably got more visitors back then instead of this trickle we have now. Actually, if I remember correctly, we had over 100 visitors on some days, instead of nearly 35. :/

•  
    Demon
    PokeDemon666
    Date:Jun 25, 2014 2:58 PM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?
    The one just before the CB was active even more so.

15.jpg

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Jun 26, 2014 5:39 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?

I really miss 2010/2012, when the CB was still around. We probably got more visitors back then instead of this trickle we have now. Actually, if I remember correctly, we had over 100 visitors on some days, instead of nearly 35. :/

I learned later that the people who were on the site and made it look active came for the chat, most only casually "liked" Pokemon and would never have stayed with the site if the site did not have the Chat Box, so, technically, it was false activity.

I was introduced to that one. I loved that one because it was easy to do things, but the Fics were not working at the time... All I know is that it was the easiest to avoid the art you didn't like, it loaded at a really good speed, and you didn't have to wait. However, it tended to be images more based off of who commissioned it or something like that, not who actually made it, sometimes... It was weird... at least it was easy to avoid stuff like scat... which there was little to none of...

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Jun 26, 2014 7:51 AM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?

I was introduced to that one. I loved that one because it was easy to do things, but the Fics were not working at the time... All I know is that it was the easiest to avoid the art you didn't like, it loaded at a really good speed, and you didn't have to wait. However, it tended to be images more based off of who commissioned it or something like that, not who actually made it, sometimes... It was weird... at least it was easy to avoid stuff like scat... which there was little to none of...

If I recall correctly, the coppermine site was brought down because the whole thing was crumbling. Fics weren't always working, gallery was breaking, etc. Definitely a lot worse than the current Gallery/Fics.

As far as I know, people still love Pokemon (I know I still do), but think that this site is boring and doesn't see alive. I mean, look at how many posts are done in a day, not much, right? It doesn't show activity where the activity counts (Fics, Gallery, IRC).

Yep, there's quite a bit of activity in the IRC, and the minecraft server as well. And again, users like me who check the forums frequently (and read every post) but don't post often.

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Jun 26, 2014 8:06 PM Title:Re: How active is this site these days?

If I recall correctly, the coppermine site was brought down because the whole thing was crumbling. Fics weren't always working, gallery was breaking, etc. Definitely a lot worse than the current Gallery/Fics.

It was broken indeed, but back then most images had more descriptive tags in comparison with the current situation. 

The Oekaki was back then more active as well, despite it was also broken |=(X3

Yep, there's quite a bit of activity in the IRC, and the minecraft server as well. And again, users like me who check the forums frequently (and read every post) but don't post often.

At one point in the past I was wondering about the added value of the forum because there was a chatbox and IRC already. Ok, it worked also as newspage and place to post fics since the fics system couldn't be revived at that moment.

The funny thing is that the acronym AGNPH stands for the newsgroup alt.games.nintendo.pokemon.hentai. Somebody active there? |=(:'3

Here, have a Rare Candy~! 'Cause last night I found out you have to dream sweeter~! |=(>;3c