AGNPH Forums

How much interest would a Special Tasks Force themed action book generate here?

•  
    Anoliz
    Date:Apr 7, 2014 6:09 AM Title:How much interest would a Special Tasks Force themed action book generate here?
    I've decided to try my hands at a special tasks force themed action book. I was wondering how much of an interest that would generate here since I can't think of anywhere but this sub-forum to submit it to. And when I mean try my hands at, I don't mean this is something entirely new to me. I'm familiar with a lot of special tasks stuff and make a hobby out of familiarizing myself with many forms of ballistics including guns and special situation weapons like anti-air, recoiless rifles, armored infantry and the such. I've just never wrote it out into a story. This is also mostly to help me improve my skills in story telling on a sort of conspiracy mystery type deal and action scenes which I think I really need to improve on.

Basically what the book is about is the founding of a fictional Canadian based special tasks force called DRACS or Direct Response Armed Combat Squad which is trained in dealing with the usual high risk situations a special tasks force like SWAT would handle in addition to their specialization of dealing with bio chemical terrorism. Founded by two high ranking soldiers from the Gulf War, DRACS gets themselves mixed up in a conspiracy involving an extremist group called Cell and their new chemical weapon.

I guess you could think of it as something Tom Clancy would write, but don't quote me on that since I never read his books. Only played the games based off his stuff.

|Life...|

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Apr 7, 2014 9:03 PM Title:Re: How much interest would a Special Tasks Force themed action book generate here?
    I guess it would be allright as long as Pokémon are in it (of course not as cameos, but a more significant role).

Here, have a Rare Candy~! 'Cause last night I found out you have to dream sweeter~! |=(>;3c

•  
    Hawkeem
    Date:Apr 9, 2014 10:36 PM Title:Re: How much interest would a Special Tasks Force themed action book generate here?
    It sounds like something better themed to general furry, or strictly human more than pokemon. You could take it the anthro route, but at that point you're choosing to do it be relevant to agnph (unless there was a reason for it, or it had pokemon as part of the world - which doesn't work so well as you're focusing on a real world country).

And do note that non-pokemon material is allowed on the art/writing forums, so if you choose to go a non pokemon route you can still post here to seek critique and readership.

Writing lemons is like auto-fellatio: for some it comes naturally, for others it takes years of practice. But once you can do it, it's one of the best guilty pleasures in the world.

•  
    The world's greatest sexual deviant
    TornTokoroa
    Date:Apr 10, 2014 4:03 AM Title:Re: How much interest would a Special Tasks Force themed action book generate here?
    Well the games is a good start but I highly suggest reading one or two of Mr. Clancy's books. Totally worth the time.

This is coming from a guy who literally hasnt willingly touched a book since 2004

Torn the leader of Alpha squad

His brother, Shadow the leader of Delta squad

•  
    Anoliz
    Date:Apr 11, 2014 7:44 AM Title:Re: How much interest would a Special Tasks Force themed action book generate here?

Well the games is a good start but I highly suggest reading one or two of Mr. Clancy's books. Totally worth the time.

This is coming from a guy who literally hasnt willingly touched a book since 2004

I have End War around here somewhere. I was told it sucked though.

|Life...|

•  
    TornTokoroa
    Date:Apr 15, 2014 9:27 AM Title:Re: How much interest would a Special Tasks Force themed action book generate here?

I have End War around here somewhere. I was told it sucked though.

It wasn't too bad to me. Grab a friend if possible and it gets really fun. Multiple people will be real strategy to the table. I haven't seen a truly horrible Tom Clancy game or book. So thats just my advice. Pick up one of his books, play some Splinter Cell, and make a sandwich. 

•  
    Hawkeem
    Date:Apr 17, 2014 9:22 PM Title:Re: How much interest would a Special Tasks Force themed action book generate here?

It wasn't too bad to me. Grab a friend if possible and it gets really fun. Multiple people will be real strategy to the table. I haven't seen a truly horrible Tom Clancy game or book. So thats just my advice. Pick up one of his books, play some Splinter Cell, and make a sandwich.

HAWX 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction were dangerously close to being awful.

Writing lemons is like auto-fellatio: for some it comes naturally, for others it takes years of practice. But once you can do it, it's one of the best guilty pleasures in the world.

•  
    Anoliz
    Date:Apr 18, 2014 3:18 AM Title:Re: How much interest would a Special Tasks Force themed action book generate here?

I meant the book :P

|Life...|

•  
    TornTokoroa
    Date:Apr 19, 2014 4:34 PM Title:Re: How much interest would a Special Tasks Force themed action book generate here?

I meant the book :P

And i was sleepy apparently. ..but the books yes they are good. Some say they might be awful but that's how they interpret it. Some reviews are inaccurate ya know.