AGNPH Forums

ATTENTION STEAM USERS!

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Jan 16, 2015 11:43 AM Title:ATTENTION STEAM USERS!
    If you receive a comment on your Steam profile with a link to a website that has "screenshot.scr" at the end, DO NOT CLICK IT! I have already received two identical messages with identical links from two different Steam users in less than 12 hours, and I am highly suspicious of these files.

For those not in the know, .SCR files are screen saver files, and will run on your computer if you double-click/try to view the file in any way, shape or form. Antivirus programs may not catch anything suspicious in these .SCR files (mine didn't, and I use Avira Antivirus), but there may be malicious code within.

So let me reiterate: If anyone you know has a Steam account (or even if you do, readers!) and receive comments on your profile that have links to a website to download a .SCR file, DO NOT CLICK OR SHARE IT, EVEN IF IT IS SOMEONE YOU KNOW/HAVE ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST. Delete the comment and try to inform Steam Support of these incidents. These poor souls may have had their accounts hacked and may not know it!