AGNPH Forums

May's Theme! - Changing Seasons!

•  
    Flygon
    Date:May 1, 2016 9:04 PM Title:May's Theme! - Changing Seasons!

Alright! It has been a while since we've made some action here. Better late than never of course!

Now, we have some good news. We are resuming the Monthly AGNPH Fics themes! And better yet, we're finally reintroducing prizes, after a long time dormant!

The theme for this month, in line with what's going on in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres right now, is the change in seasons.
    Whether you're getting ready for Summer up North, or rustling up inside your Fur Coat for Winter down South, we're all adjusting to the change in seasons. This, thus, is the theme of the month!

The theme of Changing Seasons , and the implications of that. The only real requirement, beyond writing in that space, will be at least one lead character being a Fire or Ice Type Pokémon . How will they be affected? Will they be upset, will they be pleased? We'd love to find out!

Now! We know you all saw the word "Prize" and thought "Oh man, I totally want that prize, what's the catch? And what IS the prize, anyway?". Well, we'll answer those two questions right now!

First of all, the prize will be a $50USD or equivilant Nintendo eShop Gift Voucher. We can currently cater for North America, Europe, the United Kingdom, and Australia/New Zealand. While this does cover most visitors of AGNPH, we do understand some may feel left out. If you have any concerns about this, feel free to contact us!

Now! The actual catch? For the prize to be 'unlocked', we need at least TEN different authors submitting stories alongside this theme. If you want a chance at the prize, you'll need to drag others in too! We want to see lots of stories, from lots of authors. No matter what your own percieved talent level is, we want to see you have a go!

This theme will be running from the 1st of May , to the 17th of June (inclusive). We will begin judging after the cutoff date, and announce the Winner on the 30th of that month!

Be sure to submit with the tag "changing_seasons"!

The AGNPH Staff will be reading all user-submitted entries and voting on which we think are the best stories (anything written by staff will not  be eligible for prizes). So warm up those keyboards and show us what you can write!

P.S. Castform  is allowed to be used, but must prodominantly in  Snowy   and/or  Sunny  form!

•  
    Official Fluffdog
    Arcane_Reno
    Date:May 4, 2016 5:16 AM Title:RE: May's Theme! - Changing Seasons!

Ooh, this is exciting news indeed! I'll have to see about putting something together for this.

Amateur writer, professional slacker.

•  
    Flygon
    Date:May 5, 2016 3:59 AM Title:RE: May's Theme! - Changing Seasons!

Most awesome! This is exciting, indeed!

•  
    Flygon
    Date:May 11, 2016 8:37 AM Title:RE: May's Theme! - Changing Seasons!

Added an update about Castform's clarification.

•  
    Thank you for playing!
    Matt_The_ZByte
    Date:May 19, 2016 6:23 AM Title:RE: May's Theme! - Changing Seasons!

:D!

Alright, who gave the pen to the madman?

•  
    Thank you for playing!
    Matt_The_ZByte
    Date:May 25, 2016 5:30 AM Title:RE: May's Theme! - Changing Seasons!

Alright, mine's almost done!  I don't know if enough people entered for a prize, but I really don't mind either way.  Was just good to get some inspiration going.

Alright, who gave the pen to the madman?

•  
    waywardrk
    Date:May 28, 2016 2:26 AM Title:RE: May's Theme! - Changing Seasons!

Wow, hope I'm not too late to jump in! I hope others submit as well!

•  
    The Incoming Author
    FireFox
    Date:May 28, 2016 5:22 AM Title:RE: May's Theme! - Changing Seasons!

Just how does the Changing Season topic work? Is it a literal changing of seasons? Or is it just changing in general?

•  
    Flygon
    Date:Jun 5, 2016 4:22 AM Title:RE: May's Theme! - Changing Seasons!
    Samedwin on May 28, 2016 said:

Just how does the Changing Season topic work? Is it a literal changing of seasons? Or is it just changing in general?

Shoot! I'm sorry for the delay! Basically, the idea is transitioning from one season to another, and how this affects the characters. It's fairly open ended, which we know can be intimidating, but we think the authors can come up with something unique out of it.

•  
    waywardrk
    Date:Jun 8, 2016 6:29 AM Title:RE: May's Theme! - Changing Seasons!

Aagh, dang it, life! Too much important stuff to deal with and not enough inspiration! Unless I think of some good way to extend and wrap up my story, I might have to sit out this month's theme... 

:C

<<12>><<12>>