AGNPH Forums

Accessing the IRC

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Jul 3, 2013 9:11 AM Title:Accessing the IRC
    OKAY! For all of you who say you can NOT access the IRC, I would like to point out a few things:

Yes, you can.

Internet Explorer can use Mibbit
    Google Chrome can use Chrome IRC (CIRC)
    Mozilla Firefox can use Chatzilla
    Safari can use Colloquy for IRC

Apple's iOS can use a multitude of IRC apps
    Google's Android can use a multitude of IRC apps
    Blackberry now has access to AndroIRC (and previously had to install a Java applet to access IRC instead)

Nintendo DSi/3DS has a browser that can access Mibbit
    Microsoft Xbox 360 has a browser than can also access Mibbit
    Sony PlayStation 3 has a browser that can also access Mibbit

There are also downloadable clients for computer users that are FREE TO USE and install. For example: HexChat; IceChat; X-Chat, to name a few.

If you say you cannot access IRC, then you just aren't looking hard enough. IRC has been around since 1988, after all.

•  
    Flygon did it...
    HatchlingByHeart
    Date:Jul 3, 2013 9:33 AM Title:Re: Accessing the IRC
    I appreciate your help Chief, but it seems a lot of the former chatboxers either will not listen to reason or are just trolling us. This became clear in the first 10 minutes of this site opening.

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Jul 3, 2013 9:36 AM(Edited:Jul 3, 2013 9:42 AM) Title:Re: Accessing the IRC
    Well, in that case, let this topic stay for the new people who may come to the site ^^;

EDIT: Also, people may or may not look at the Forums first to look for help before checking the "Help & Info" tab on the top of the page owo;

•  
    Retroactively Continuitous
    cge0361
    Date:Jul 3, 2013 11:11 AM Title:Re: Accessing the IRC
    Did you consider something like Chatango?

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Jul 3, 2013 11:15 AM Title:Re: Accessing the IRC
    Any chatbox replacement wouldn't work with Simple Machines' Forum, apparently.

•  
    Retroactively Continuitous
    cge0361
    Date:Jul 3, 2013 11:24 AM Title:Re: Accessing the IRC
    Not even by using frames?  I know, it's probably a sin to do it Geocities style, but I have a feeling there's a way to get computers to do things.

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Jul 3, 2013 11:39 AM Title:Re: Accessing the IRC
    Better to ask Hatch about it - he took care of making this iteration of the site, not me ^^;

•  
    slash
    Date:Jul 6, 2013 3:08 AM Title:Re: Accessing the IRC
    i have x chat but i dont know which plugin to install should i do full or a custom without somethings.

life is like a cabinent that no one been in for over 5 years you don't know if whats in side bites,stings or scraths but thats what makes it random just like me. o.-

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Jul 6, 2013 3:49 AM Title:Re: Accessing the IRC
    Why would you need to add plugins? AFAIK, you only need to install the program, add an IRC server and go.

•  
    slash
    Date:Jul 6, 2013 4:17 AM Title:Re: Accessing the IRC
    but x chat gives me four scripting plugins perl,python,ruby and tcl and i dont know if i should get them all or just a spicific one.

life is like a cabinent that no one been in for over 5 years you don't know if whats in side bites,stings or scraths but thats what makes it random just like me. o.-

<<12>><<12>>