AGNPH Forums

Movies

•  
    Mystical furry Genie
    Zana An
    Date:Jul 3, 2013 1:36 PM Title:Movies
    People these days and script writers make us turn our head in terror when we discover our favorite shows from our childhood are getting to hit the silver screen. What movies make you cringe. I'm dreading the new Red Sonja movie that will hit later this year provided it's not axed.

Also my partner is going to tear his hair out if Disney ruin the starwars series, although I'm not a huge fan and will enjoy it other like to follow the trend of the lore which followed in novels. What do you guys think about these and others?

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Jul 3, 2013 1:39 PM Title:Re: Movies
    There were rumours that Halo (the video game) was going to hit the Silver Screen. It's already been axed, but there are many web series from Bungie and 343i (and RoosterTeeth for a parody series on the Multiplayer aspect) that make up for it.

As for other movies...I don't have enough money to go out and watch every one, so... ^^;

•  
    The world's greatest sexual deviant
    TornTokoroa
    Date:Jul 3, 2013 3:52 PM Title:Re: Movies
    I think Disney shouldn't mess Star Wars up....or else there will be issues.

Torn the leader of Alpha squad

His brother, Shadow the leader of Delta squad

•  
    Mystical furry Genie
    Zana An
    Date:Jul 3, 2013 7:08 PM Title:Re: Movies
    Disney may do as I don't think they're following the expanded universe, not that I've read it but my partner is a star wars buff, so I tend to hear him ramble a lot. I like the movies and I couldn't care less how the expanded universe played out, I'm not that into it. The issue arises where people who officially follow the story would be disappointed. Rights were bought from Lucas arts for the production of the movies, but I don't think they will follow what was already established as the events that followed in the Thrawn trilogy.

I'd probably enjoy it needless to say but my partner will be ripping his hair out if it doesn't follow suit. There's other movies out there, and I have friends shouting they wrecked Dragon ball. I never watched the cartoon or whatever but again it's one of these cartoon shows everyone knows. A lot of the time when the rights to certain shows are bought from the Japanese, I can't help but wonder what disaster awaits.

Still, where do they get bad writers from in some of these movies? Others come out fantastic, or at least to me.

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Jul 5, 2013 10:14 PM Title:Re: Movies
    What movies make me cringe? The Smurfs... WHY NIEL PATRICK HARRIS, WHY?!

Also, the fact that there is a possibility for a Half-Life or Portal movie could be good.... Or it could be worse than Doom...

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    kiyonemakibi
    Date:Jul 6, 2013 6:49 PM Title:Re: Movies
    Frankly I'd rather trust Disney with the Star Wars films than George Lucas - your partner did see the prequels right?

•  
    Just your friendly neighborhood Sceptile
    Sanguine
    Date:Jul 9, 2013 10:40 PM Title:Re: Movies
    Star Wars Ep III Was awesome, begone ye naysayer! xD

aocz-rooster.pngaowz-libra.png

•  
    The world's greatest sexual deviant
    TornTokoroa
    Date:Jul 10, 2013 7:22 AM Title:Re: Movies
    Monsters university and Despicable Me 2

Both movies were on a list for "movies sequels that will suck"

They should be taken off

Even though MU is probably an irrelevant prequel. ...I t was still chamring and excting to wasltch

Despicable Me 2 was awesome also. Heartwarmingly hilarious

Torn the leader of Alpha squad

His brother, Shadow the leader of Delta squad

•  
    kiyonemakibi
    Date:Jul 10, 2013 7:48 PM Title:Re: Movies

Star Wars Ep III Was awesome, begone ye naysayer! xD

No film with the word 'younglings' in it is awesome. And let's not get started on 'NOOOOOOOO!'

•  
    BioPhoenix
    Date:Jul 11, 2013 5:24 AM Title:Re: Movies
    I think Star Wars Episode III was awesome by typical movie standards. Despite this, it fell short of the standards of the original trilogy.

I also think that Disney's Episode VII will be good. I don't know how good, but several of the actors who helped make the original trilogy awesome will return, which is promising, and it won't have writing by George Lucas and no editor, which is also promising, with apologies to George Lucas.

I don't really care if it sticks to the established expanded universe or not, because certain parts of the EU are quite clearly broken. By which I mean things like: Zombie stormtroopers, everything to do with Darth Caedus, and completely reversing the good things that happened in the OT by bringing back the Sith, and as more than two to boot, and the Empire as the primary ruling force in the galaxy. But having Thrawn in it, or more likely having the Yuuzhan Vong in it given the time that has passed, would be pretty cool.

I'm rather excited about Pacific Rim, which is coming out this Friday. From the trailers it looks heavily influenced by giant monster and robot movies and anime, and has some Evangelion in it in particular, and it's in 3D and IMAX. Between all of this, it should be hard for it not to be awesome.

<<12>><<12>>