AGNPH Forums

(Indie) Game (Bundle) Deals

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Jul 16, 2013 9:28 PM(Edited:Jul 16, 2013 9:32 PM) Title:(Indie) Game (Bundle) Deals
    Likely you already know or heard of them: services offering time limited pay-what-you-want-deals on one or multiple games.

Most of those services are intended to give indie game developers a broader audience and fund those & charities (like EFF, Child's Play, and various others) as well.

As seen from the perspective of gamers, it's a very simple and cheap way to get new games and fund charities.

It's very cheap and easy way to get games you never heard of and funding charities in the same time.

[hr]
    You may post offers which you find interesting (thus deals which you find valuable to feature, but please make it easier for the rest by mentioning:
    • Which operating system (Windows, MacOSX, Linux, Android) is supported.
    • If you're able do download the game(s) instantly via HTTP / torrent or if it only provides Steam/Origin/Desura keys.
    • If it includes any DRM or requires Steam/Origin/Desura access / activation.

[hr]
    An (incomplete) list of such services:
    • HumbleBundle.com - Supports charity, features deals which are often multi-platform and instant to download.

• IndieGameStand.com - Supports charity, features deals which are often multi-platform and instant to download.

• IndieRoyale.com - Nowadays more a service to score cheap windows games. Doesn't support charity and most of the deals doesn't include multi-platform games (most are Windows-only) or instant to download access.

• IndieGala.com - Provides Steam-keys only, backs a charity which is pretty much unknown (thus dubious) for me, most of the games are for Windows only.

[hr]
    Please note: I'll also post deals here which I find worth to feature.
    Which means I'll post only deals:
    • Which are able to run natively on both Windows, Linux (without WINE) and possibly Android.
    • Which you could direct to download the game(s) via HTTP or torrent (thus no deals which include only Steam/Origin/Desura-keys).
    • Which includes games which lack DRM in any form or activation / accessing via Steam/Origin/Desura.

Here, have a Rare Candy~! 'Cause last night I found out you have to dream sweeter~! |=(>;3c

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Jul 16, 2013 9:29 PM Title:Re: (Indie) Game (Bundle) Deals
    Let's kickoff~!
    IndieGameStand has a new deal about an arcade/stealth game called Private Infiltrator. Which closely resembles Dynamite Jack, but in 3D.
    Didn't play it yet, but the video's about it look good for me. I like the setting and Noir-theme already.
    Also the fact that you could switch from '3rd-person bird-view' to '1st person-view' reminds me of how you could switch views in GTA |=(:3

Sidenote: I want to post this topic earlier, but spambots scared me off.

Here, have a Rare Candy~! 'Cause last night I found out you have to dream sweeter~! |=(>;3c

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Sep 3, 2013 10:31 PM(Edited:Sep 3, 2013 10:33 PM) Title:Re: (Indie) Game (Bundle) Deals
    I found another game at IndieGameStand which is worth to mention: Elliot's Quest.
    I played it for a little while and I don't regret it. It's an open world RPG Platformer with retro graphics and music style. It's still in alpha stage but it's playable in a joyful manner already. Especially the background music sound good for me. The control keys are a strange choice (for example, S for using items and D for fighting). The choice of enemies is a bit obvious, but it varies a lot by ~3-4 levels. The game is easy to pick up and isn't too difficult that you -almost- end up with frustration (like for example as in "Don't Look Back").

Win/Mac/Lin versions, acquirable via DDL from IndieGameStand or from Desura (It doesn't require activation via Desura though).

Anyway, it's promising enough for me. I'm looking forward to the final version of it~ |=(:3

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Sep 11, 2013 6:43 PM(Edited:Oct 1, 2013 6:39 PM) Title:Re: (Indie) Game (Bundle) Deals
    Holy Crap~ HumbeBundle released finally a bundle which doesn't suck~!

Humble Indie Bundle 9 is launched~! 

It has:
    • Trine 2: Complete Story  + OST
    • Mark of the Ninja 
    • Eets Munchies Beta
    • Brütal Legend  + OST
    • FTL: Faster Than Light + OST (when you pay more than AVG)
    • FEZ + OST (when you pay more than AVG)

The deal is over, but the games below were added later:
    • A Virus Named TOM + OST
    • Bastion + OST
    • LIMBO + OST

All of them are crossplatform (Windows, MacOSX & Linux) and doesn't require any activation on Steam or comparable crapware!

Also please donate to the charity EFF. (Pretty much one of the charities with the most visible results of doing something where they stand for).
    With SOPA planned to be reborn and thanks to the EFF we know a little bit more of the naughty things NSA is doing.

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Oct 1, 2013 7:41 PM(Edited:Oct 1, 2013 7:43 PM) Title:Re: (Indie) Game (Bundle) Deals
    Almost a week ago already, but listen up, owners of Android devices:
    Humble Mobile Bundle 2 is launched~! 

It has:
    • Star Command + OST
    • Time Surfer + OST
    • Punch Quest + OST 
    • Bloons TD 5 +OST
    • Carmageddon
    • Ravensword: Shadowlands + OST

All of them are Android-only. But you could install each with it's own .apk, so you don't have to install them via Google Apps.

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Oct 2, 2013 8:57 PM Title:Re: (Indie) Game (Bundle) Deals
    Ok, today Humble Bundle announced that Humble Mobile Bundle 2 is expanded with 3 games:
    • Karateka Classic + The Making of PDF
    • QWOP
    • God of Blades + OST

Honestly...only God of Blades looks like a worth addition for me |=(:P

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Oct 24, 2013 12:30 AM Title:Re: (Indie) Game (Bundle) Deals
    Almost a week ago, Humble Bundle for PC & Android 7 was released. I waited till the [url=http://]expansion [/url]of the bundle because only 2 of the games which were included first were only my liking.

• Anodyne + OST & Remix OST
    • Anomaly Korea + OST
    • Broken Sword + Director's Cut OST
    • Greed Corp + OST
    • Incredipede
    • Organ Trail + Director's Cut OST
    • The Bard's Tale + OST
    • Ticket to Ride + OST
    • Worms 2: Armageddon
    • Worms Reloaded + OST

All of them are for Windows, MacOSX, Linux and Android. DRM & third-party activation free.

I would recommend Anomaly Korea to you. It's easy but addictive to play especially when you have a short time to kill.

Worms is fun as the franchise always was~

Personally I'm interested in Anodyne. Didn't test it out yet but what I saw of it looks promising something |=(:3

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Nov 6, 2013 10:20 PM Title:Re: (Indie) Game (Bundle) Deals
    IndieGameStand has a new deal about an classic-style 2d adventure platformer called Frogatto and Friends

I played it for a little while and it plays OK for me.
    While the game has some RPG aspects -since it has an open world and as you could get / buy various abilities/weapons as you progress in the game-, IMO the creators were influenced by the Kirby games. 
    The graphics are well worked out, kinda like 'pixelated, but trying to get close to reality'. The music is fitting, but I miss catchy melodies in it. The default control key layout is logical and could be changed to your liking anyway.
    The characters are well thought out for me. The NPC's in the story have an interesting appearance and you'll immediately notice the impulsive personality of the character you play, since he sounds a bit rude in the dialogs |=(XD

Win/Mac/Lin versions, acquirable via DDL from IndieGameStand or from Desura (It doesn't require activation via Desura though). An interesting thing for coders is that its 2D engine is open source as well~ |=(:3

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Dec 28, 2013 11:05 PM Title:Re: (Indie) Game (Bundle) Deals
    In case when you missed it, HumbleBundle.com has released Humble Bundle for PC & Android 8 was released. I waited till the expansion of the bundle because only one the locked game was my liking.

• AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! + OST
    • Anomaly 2 + OST
    • Bad Hotel + OST
    • Gemini Rue + OST
    • Hero Academy
    • Jack Lumber + OST
    • Little Inferno + OST
    • Solar 2 + OST
    • The Bard's Tale + OST

All of them are for Windows, MacOSX, Linux and Android. DRM & third-party activation free.

While  my primary reason to buy it is Anomaly 2 (Damn I love those games |=(|ß )

However, after deep investigation, Solar 2 and Bad Hotel caught my attention as well due unique gameplay.

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Dec 28, 2013 11:12 PM Title:Re: (Indie) Game (Bundle) Deals
    Also, IndieGameStand features during Christmas per day a free-to-download-&-play indie game which you could 'buy' into you wallet, but the money goes to the charity 'Child's Play'.

It's worth to keep an eye on updates since you don't have to buy the games to access / play them and some of the featured games look pretty neat |=(:3

<<12>><<12>>