AGNPH Forums

The One Game You Regret Playing

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Jul 28, 2013 5:01 AM Title:The One Game You Regret Playing
    Everyone must have one. The one game that was so awful, or just ruined a series you loved, that you regretted playing it.

Please do not criticize peoples choices, this is a thread based off of opinion not factual evidence trying to prove something is the worst game ever.

mine is Sonic: Unleashed.

Although I am a huge fan of the Sonic franchise (minus that time when everyone was crazy about Mario and Sonic... Games then were awful), They could not have gone more wrong. The controls were difficult, the idea was ridiculous, the characters were in need of rethinking, and the story was not really exciting, and the environments and characters did not fit and seemed rushed at points. Worst of all, it took the speed out by creating the "werehog", a ridiculous copy of a werewolf that really does not work in the series where the character is meant to be fast. I would understand if they brought in a new character but that was a move that nearly lost me.

Anyway, rant aside, it did bring in one of my favorite songs ever, and had a fantastic soundtrack, as do most Sonic games, but the soundtrack was not enough to keep me from losing my head at all the horrible things I found.

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    arch713
    Date:Jul 28, 2013 8:45 AM Title:Re: The One Game You Regret Playing
    Mega Man X6 i suppose. It was incredibly bad, with the nightmare system was a wreck, the bosses looked bland, and the graphic were pretty bad compared to the other games. It made Zero come back even though there was a plot-point in X5 where he basicly killed himself to kill Sigma, and in X6, well, he just came back, no explanation other than and I quote, "I hid myself while I tried to repair myself", after he became a torso with a megabuster for an arm and said that he had to die for there to be peace. And hey, remember Sigma? He comes outta nowhere, no buildup whatsoever, and killed the guy who revived him. Gameplay was ok i guess, the story failed, the bosses were lame, the music was forgettable, X6 was just a huge train-wreck with many plot inconsistencies.

G37 fr33 m0neys n0w
    http://5z8.info/inject_now_u6l8mb_10101110010110101001

•  
    Long Live King Sonic the Hedgehog
    King Sonic
    Date:Jul 29, 2013 6:18 PM Title:Re: The One Game You Regret Playing
    mine is Baten Katos. it was a ripoff of final fantasy that was for the gamecube plus you needed 2 different discs to play through the game the climax being on the second disc

I have at last found a place to call home, Cloudsdale Castle

•  
    Mayor of Detroit
    smashbro
    Date:Jul 30, 2013 6:34 AM Title:Re: The One Game You Regret Playing
    NEW Super Mario Bros. for the DS. The first of the NEW SMB they keep rehashing. It's not so much that I regret playing it, it's that I regret buying it. I did enjoy the game for a bit when I was playing, but I beat it without much trouble and found most of the secrets before shrugging and selling it back to Gamestop along with StarFox Command.

Oh yeah, Starfox Command is another. That game was repetitive as hell, and I only kept playing to know all the different story branches of that furry soap opera. I traded both in within a month or two of getting them I think.

Those were the last two games I've traded in. I generally like to keep my games and no supply the used game market, because I want the developers to make money, but I broke that principle for those two. Gamestop also probably had some sort of "deal" going on at the time too.

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Jul 31, 2013 1:49 AM Title:Re: The One Game You Regret Playing

NEW Super Mario Bros. for the DS.

I could not disagree. I played it for like a month or two before deciding it was just the same-old same-old stuff Mario had done before. Mario needs a new game that does not center around jumping, and getting to a castle.

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    The world's greatest sexual deviant
    TornTokoroa
    Date:Jul 31, 2013 4:12 AM Title:Re: The One Game You Regret Playing
    Trigger Fist on the iPad.

The controls were awkward, the weapons so imbalanced, the AI was always set to a mode equal to Professional mode in resident evil 5

Torn the leader of Alpha squad

His brother, Shadow the leader of Delta squad

•  
    Just a gamer and dude that likes having fun
    Dsc
    Date:Jul 31, 2013 8:03 PM Title:Re: The One Game You Regret Playing
    Ninja Gaiden series for the Nes, I regretted getting it & playing it because of how insanely hard it was & how annoying the cheap deaths happened

•  
    slash
    Date:Oct 13, 2013 2:40 PM Title:Re: The One Game You Regret Playing
    gears of war 3 the ghaser shotgun was underpowered and the sawn off was overpowered not to mention some players still hacked to remove your guns like in gow1 and 2 so ya it was a horrible game.

life is like a cabinent that no one been in for over 5 years you don't know if whats in side bites,stings or scraths but thats what makes it random just like me. o.-

•  
    ^That is Varesse. Say Hello.
    Muddy_Waters
    Date:Jan 1, 2014 4:13 AM Title:Re: The One Game You Regret Playing
    SR3.  I regret even buying it.  It's...ugh.  I can't even describe it without going on a rant about how glitchy, broken and dumbfounding everything is with the game.  Despite this...I've seen some gameplay of SR4 and I think it has a chance of redemption.

•  
    just remember. im here as the big swampert teddy..
    dark devil
    Date:Jan 1, 2014 5:25 AM Title:Re: The One Game You Regret Playing
    i'm going to say assassin's creed I loved it when it first came out but as soon as u-play came along it just killed it for me.. major piss off that was....

the more messier your room is  the smarter you are.

<<12>><<12>>