AGNPH Forums

Odd Couples Contest Winners, New Contest Announcement

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Aug 20, 2013 5:12 PM(Edited:Oct 18, 2015 5:25 AM) Title:Odd Couples Contest Winners, New Contest Announcement
    Hi all! I know it's been quite a while since you've heard anything from the fics admins, so here's a brief summary of what's going on.

Proteus has been busy with IRL stuff so I've taken it upon myself to lead the Fics section for a while. I'm Cyn, brought on as a fics admin through a series of serendipitous events and will try to do my best in the meantime. I've also updated the Rules for Submissions to be more specific with regards to our stance on spelling/grammar/formatting, but this shouldn't affect anything and is not retroactive. If you ever have any questions, send me a PM on the forums or log into IRC as I'm usually there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know Proteus said that he would judge the Odd Couples Contest in a timely matter, and that hasn't happened. At least, not for another few sentences. On behalf of the Fics admins, I apologize for the untimeliness of the whole matter.  And with that, I present to you the winners of the Odd Couples 2013 Contest:

In third place: Aqua Blue Eyes, by Ashoka, TehZombieWaster and Mysterydude42
    This entry was wonderfully written, with a sad but cheerful undertone that really brought out the personality of the characters well. A tad predictable but nonetheless a really absorbing read.

In second place: Thinking Outside the Box, by Mysterydude42
    Props to the eloquent monologue that never seemed to lose its charm despite the lengthiness. An interesting take on a commonly-overlooked aspect of the pokémon world, not to mention a tasteful lemon with an amusing ending.

And finally, in first place: Nor Gloom Of Night, by cge0361
    A sweet, if a little gruesome tale that was expertly crafted to exhibit not only the Odd Couple but also the deep and immersive world that brought them together. If you haven't already read this, definitely give it a shot.

Congrats to the winners and thanks to all who entered this contest. And sorry again that the verdict is long overdue. To help make up for this, I've worked really hard on adding placement ribbons to the site and reorganizing the contest category. This way you can tell who won what place for each contest. Archive contest winners will remain with their red ribbons.

These will be active as soon as I get the go-ahead from Hatch.
    EDIT: Ribbons installed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And now, for the New Contest. This time the theme is Halloween. However, since we seem to already have a lot of these kinds of entries from previous contests, I thought I'd give it a twist: None of the protagonists can be a Dark, Ghost or Psychic type. The Lively Halloween Contest! I'll be delighted to see what you all come up with.

Entries are due at 11:59 pm October 31st 2013, with the usual allowances for time zones. Please tag entries with the correct contest category and put somewhere in the summary a bolded "Lively Halloween 2013 Entry".

News post is linked here if you want to leave comments.

siYrw.gif -- Cyn

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

•  
    Beluinus
    Date:Aug 20, 2013 7:27 PM Title:Re: Odd Couples Contest Winners
    Does the fics need another judge? I'd be willing to lend my time to read some of the fics and help decide if you would like some help.

Go read my stories!!
     My stories

•  
    Hah. Gaaay.
    BRN Six
    Date:Aug 21, 2013 9:43 AM Title:Re: Odd Couples Contest Winners
    Wahey, congrats to the four finalists!

Cyn, you might want to make it more obvious that there's a new contest, I only saw it on a reread. I'll be entering, though!

~BRNx

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Aug 26, 2013 2:23 AM Title:Re: Odd Couples Contest Winners, New Contest Announcement
    Just to clarify on questions I've  been getting. The restrictions mean the types of the pokemon in question cannot be Dark, Ghost or Psychic. Other entities like the ghost Marowak in R/B/Y are fair game.

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~