AGNPH Forums

What programs/apps do you regularly use and for what reason?

•  
    Rawrr!
    Renn
    Date:Feb 1, 2014 9:39 AM Title:What programs/apps do you regularly use and for what reason?
    This is a very open question as it can't quite cover one subject alone, so add in if you wish!

General everyday use:

Firefox for browsing, AdBlock Plus is so handy ^~^ along with other plugins
    Pidgin for IRC use, not really used for much else
    foobar2000 as my main music player, it isn't that bloated compared to the others I've tried
    VLC media player for watching videos, plays most video files without too much trouble
    Steam, because Steam
    WinRAR, decompressing files, although that little popup stating saying we need to buy it after 40 days does get annoying

Maintenance:
    CCleaner with CCEnhancer, both in junction keep bloat off the hard drive when set up right
    Auslogics Disk Defrag, one of the more better free disk defragmenters I've found

*SPACE RESERVED FOR LATER EDIT-INS*

Mrawwr~

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Feb 1, 2014 6:09 PM Title:Re: What programs/apps do you regularly use and for what reason?
    I use the following:
    • Chrome w/Adblock
    • XChat for IRC
    • Putty for SSH, Filezilla for scp
    • Notepad++ for text editing
    • GIMP and SAI Painter for image editing/art
    • Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive (now OneDrive) for file syncing
    • Avast for antivirus
    • ObjectDock for program launching

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

•  
    just remember. im here as the big swampert teddy..
    dark devil
    Date:Feb 1, 2014 6:59 PM Title:Re: What programs/apps do you regularly use and for what reason?
    I use to always have this radio hyrule app i'd used seeing as i'm a big fan of the Zelda series but my old phone got messed up and know I have a used one that I think i'd need to work on finding it again

the more messier your room is  the smarter you are.

•  
    "lee-gurrr"
    leiger
    Date:Feb 2, 2014 3:36 AM Title:Re: What programs/apps do you regularly use and for what reason?
    Most popular web browsers - usually install several, as I do a bit of web development.
    Paint.NET - image editing
    FastStone Capture - screenshots. Used it when it was freeware, then bought lifetime license when it became a paid app
    Minecraft - Playing & testing purposes
    Notepad++ - for all my note-taking and file-editing needs
    WinSCP - Accessing my servers
    Cygwin - Accessing my servers
    HexChat - Used for IRC
    Eclipse/IntelliJ/Visual Studio - for software development

leiger
    Administrator, AGN.PH Minecraft Server (mc.agn.ph)

•  
    BioPhoenix
    Date:Feb 2, 2014 5:41 AM Title:Re: What programs/apps do you regularly use and for what reason?
    Mozilla Firefox for web browsing. I must third the notion that AdBlock Plus is a wonderful thing.
    Notepad++ for text and code editing, in general; Dev-C++ for large projects that I want to compile on Windows.
    7-Zip for compressed files.
    Media Player Classic for video.
    Cygwin for doing anything I want to use a Unix-type system for. Within Cygwin, ssh, gcc, g++ are the ones I'm using most at this time.
    And anything I put in the thread about what video games I'm playing. I use anex86 for PC-98 emulation when playing Touhou 01-05.