AGNPH Forums

[RESOLVED] Registering in the Fics

•  
    Don't mess with me, and you may walk away alive.
    Liranaux
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 7:15 AM(Edited:Jan 7, 2014 5:15 AM) Title:[RESOLVED] Registering in the Fics
    I'm trying to register in the fics section of the website, and whenever I type the security code, it always says that it is wrong, even if it is right. Glitch, maybe?

My mind is shrouded in darkness. We're all shrouded in darkness, yet we refuse to believe so. We can banish that darkness by searching for something we love.

•  
    Flygon
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 7:32 AM Title:Re: Registering in the Fics
    Did you try closing the tab, and opening a fresh registration?

•  
    Liranaux
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 7:48 AM Title:Re: Registering in the Fics
    Yes, I have.

My mind is shrouded in darkness. We're all shrouded in darkness, yet we refuse to believe so. We can banish that darkness by searching for something we love.

•  
    Hah. Gaaay.
    BRN Six
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 9:54 AM(Edited:Jul 15, 2013 9:57 AM) Title:Re: Registering in the Fics
    Seems to be a valid issue - - I just tried making an account twice, and am absolutely confident I entered the security code correctly both times.

~BRNx

•  
    Retroactively Continuitous
    cge0361
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 12:53 PM Title:Re: Registering in the Fics
    Do you have any cookie management crap happening that could interfere?

•  
    Liranaux
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 2:50 PM Title:Re: Registering in the Fics
    No, I turned all cookies off.

•  
    Retroactively Continuitous
    cge0361
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 3:29 PM(Edited:Jul 15, 2013 3:31 PM) Title:Re: Registering in the Fics
    If you've disabled all cookies, assuming it even can keep you logged in, the verification system might not know which security code you're trying to match, natch.  I don't know if it uses a cookie for that, ask Hatch.

•  
    Hah. Gaaay.
    BRN Six
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 3:31 PM(Edited:Jul 15, 2013 3:33 PM) Title:Re: Registering in the Fics
    That doesn't follow. The "image" is abitrary and doesn't need to be cached or stored; the answer given is matched server-side, not client-side. Hence, cookies aren't neccessary.

ED: Ah, you edited. I s'pose that makes this post unneccessary.

~BRNx

•  
    Flygon
    Date:Jul 16, 2013 3:41 AM Title:Re: Registering in the Fics
    The issue should be fixed now, it turns out there was a minor issue server-side. This has been rectified.