AGNPH Forums

What writers inspire you?

•  
    Anonymless
    Date:Sep 25, 2013 7:09 PM Title:What writers inspire you?
    This doesn't have to be about Pokemon writers. It can be anyone you've ever noticed had a particular way of writing that made you want to try your hand at the craft.

My biggest inspiration is Jerry Holkins of Penny Arcade, also known as Tycho. I find that he can make any subject compelling, no matter how mundane it should be. He could write a post about how he was locked in a cage for weeks and have me wish I was there. I often read his news on PA even if I don't have any interest in the games he plays, just so I can see how he puts words together.

•  
    just remember. im here as the big swampert teddy..
    dark devil
    Date:Sep 26, 2013 3:26 AM Title:Re: What writers inspire you?
    I have lessoned to a lot of creepypasta stories and have learned a lot on how to wright one. but to be honest if I were to try it i'd still need a ton of pointers. I don't have any motivation seeing as I don't know how many people here are intrested in creepy/scary stories but there was this one story that has been on my mind that I wont mind making a version of my own (non scary). just need the guide of someone who has experience in fic wrighting

the more messier your room is  the smarter you are.

•  
    Just your friendly neighborhood Sceptile
    Sanguine
    Date:Oct 27, 2013 2:50 AM Title:Re: What writers inspire you?
    You know I'm always there for pointers, right?

Anyway I take inspiration from everywhere, novels, fanfics and other original works around the net. Leilani's always a well rounded writer who comes out with some really interesting ideas. Dracasis always gets my blood flowing with some pretty steamy material. Themes there's also Amathyst Mare, Mech, Arcane Reno and other such writers on SoFurry. I still consider Slash Firestorm and Felix99 to be my heroes for coming up with stories I adore and love(Even of Slash hasn't updated his shit in 2+ years). And then of course published authors like Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, George R. R. Martin and even Anne Rice has been getting in a lot influence lately.

aocz-rooster.pngaowz-libra.png