AGNPH Forums

This winter so far..

•  
    Demon
    PokeDemon666
    Date:Jan 29, 2014 5:42 PM Title:Re: This winter so far..
    here in New Mexico it's been reaching anywhere from 20 to -10, wind chill zeros in at about -20 to -25 when the wind starts blowing. I don't see what the problem is though ^^; I can stand outside in a tanktop and feel fine but then again I like the cold XD

15.jpg

•  
    "lee-gurrr"
    leiger
    Date:Jan 29, 2014 9:02 PM Title:Re: This winter so far..
    This winter summer is extremely hot! D: (Australia) Sweltering through 40+ degrees Celsius for days on end. We're currently in another heatwave this week.

leiger
    Administrator, AGN.PH Minecraft Server (mc.agn.ph)

•  
    Rawrr!
    Renn
    Date:Feb 1, 2014 9:07 AM Title:Re: This winter so far..
    Pah, now I'm jealous of your weather, Demon! >:3 Gimme mah winter!

South of the equator, hmm 'lee-gurrr'? ^.^ Sounds fun. Hot weather sounds nice compared to the dank and rainy in my part of Alaska. Which reminds me, parts of Alaska hit record-breaking highs for January a few days ago, 60f was the hottest in the state. In January. JANUARY. >.<

Mrawwr~

•  
    just remember. im here as the big swampert teddy..
    dark devil
    Date:Feb 1, 2014 5:53 PM Title:Re: This winter so far..
    tis be snowing outside on this post I am making

the more messier your room is  the smarter you are.

•  
    Demon
    PokeDemon666
    Date:Feb 7, 2014 4:43 AM Title:Re: This winter so far..
    snow last night, wind all day today, -15 right now, and another storm blowing right over the valley I live in >.< this sucks.

15.jpg

•  
    BioPhoenix
    Date:Feb 7, 2014 6:39 AM Title:Re: This winter so far..
    It's been snowing all day today and has been much colder than it usually is when it snows. University closed early today on account of the snow and ice on the roads for the second time this year; it hardly ever closes even when there is snow. It usually snows maybe once a winter here, and it's usually snow that's a lot warmer than this stuff.

And it gets worse. The time earlier this year it basically snowed for one day and then stuck around for a while due to super-low temperatures. This time, it's predicted to continue snowing all weekend.

•  
    The world's greatest sexual deviant
    TornTokoroa
    Date:Feb 7, 2014 2:56 PM Title:Re: This winter so far..
    To me all this snow and crap...sucks. I'm fine with the cold temperature (I hate that too :p) but the snow is our main problem here. It's forced the closing of many main roads and side ones too. Luckily never at the same time. Also we've been in about 2 "state of emergency" settings as far as I can tell. Now after that recent ice nonsense a bunch of people have no power.

Torn the leader of Alpha squad

His brother, Shadow the leader of Delta squad

•  
    Rawrr!
    Renn
    Date:Feb 7, 2014 9:40 PM(Edited:Feb 19, 2014 6:20 AM) Title:Re: This winter so far..
    Nyahhh! I feel so cheated with the weather right now! >.< It seems the weather systematically gets cold and windy to freeze everything only to have a really warm spell come and ruin everything with snow, sleet, and ultimately rain. Wash, rinse, repeat, that's how my winter is so far -~- Only a glossy sheen of ice on pretty much everything is evidence of Alaska's weather with brown patches of dead grass all around and ponds frozen over. I miss the snow and constant cold =~= Although it does mean I spend a lot less fuel oil for my house, so it does have some benefits.

@Torn; it sucks being in winter with no power. Happened more than a few times in the places I've lived at, plus being out in the middle of freaking nowhere means it takes anywhere from 2-5 days for the generators to start running again, depending on what caused the problem.

@Bio, Dev, and Demon; if there was some sort of ritual to swap weather I'd do it without hesitation ^w^ But alas, one can only dream.

EDIT: One cool thing about cold weather; usually the colder it is, the clearer the night sky is. Not to mention tonight there are many ethereal curtains of aurora shaded a ghostly green dancing about ^w^ Time to get my aurora neck on.

Mrawwr~

•  
    Demon
    PokeDemon666
    Date:Mar 10, 2014 8:25 AM Title:Re: This winter so far..
    Been pretty warm the past month and I can't complain though I miss the cold already... I love the cold...

15.jpg

•  
    Veryd
    Veryd
    Date:Jan 20, 2015 1:34 AM Title:Re: This winter so far..
    This year it's not even getting better.
    Over here it was snowing like 1 or 2 days for a couple of hours, but it instantly melted away. Except some frost in the morning there is not much going on over here.

How about you? I heard there was quite lots of snow in the USA