AGNPH Forums

AGNPH Minecraft - New World & 1.7 Update

•  
    "lee-gurrr"
    leiger
    Date:Jan 28, 2014 11:59 PM Title:AGNPH Minecraft - New World & 1.7 Update
    Hello fellow Minecrafters!

We held a short poll on the IRC channel (#agnph-mc) and Hatch and I have discussed this briefly. This announcement is going out as early warning of the planned server changes.

Very soon (within a few days) we will update the server to 1.7 - including all of the new features that come with that update - and will also be resetting the world.

Whilst we will keep a copy of the old world (your work is not being deleted), it will no longer be accessible and everyone will start on a fresh, untamed land of opportunity!*

Please take the next few days to finish up your creations if you have any other plans for them, take a few screenshots, etc.

If you have any questions, feel free to either ask them in reply to this thread - or pop onto the #agnph-mc IRC channel and ask there.

~ leiger

* Due to server resources, we cannot host both the old and new maps simultaneously.

leiger
    Administrator, AGN.PH Minecraft Server (mc.agn.ph)

•  
    BioPhoenix
    Date:Feb 4, 2014 2:22 AM Title:Re: AGNPH Minecraft - New World & 1.7 Update
    Apparently I am the first to say this, but: Yahoo!
    Thanks for the information, and I am eagerly anticipating this update.

I do have a question: Is the new map intended to have normal or large biomes? I remember the old one had large biomes, and my own experience tells me that this makes finding the more diverse biomes in 1.7 significantly more difficult.

•  
    blk-i
    Date:Feb 4, 2014 3:07 AM Title:Re: AGNPH Minecraft - New World & 1.7 Update

Apparently I am the first to say this, but: Yahoo!
    Thanks for the information, and I am eagerly anticipating this update.

Nope, you're not the only one. Been waiting a few days to try this server out. I thought they were supposed to switch to 1.7 yesterday (according to the IRC channel) :c

•  
    Flygon did it...
    HatchlingByHeart
    Date:Mar 4, 2014 3:41 AM Title:Re: AGNPH Minecraft - New World & 1.7 Update
    The server update has to wait until a day when leiger and I are both free. Other life issues are interfering quite a bit with the progress.

leiger has to do some work to update some plugins (I don't have his level of experience) for 1.7 before we can update, if we are to retain the same functionality of the old server's features.

I sincerely apologize for the lengthy delay in the update, and promise we will get on it as soon as we are able.