AGNPH Forums

XBox One

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Jul 5, 2013 10:19 PM Title:XBox One
    So we all know the details of the XBox One, but way about the fixes they are saying they are doing? Do you think they are telling the truth? Or are their fingers crossed behind their backs? Or, will it save Microsoft after Windows 8 and the already bad rep they got from the features they are removing?

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    Flygon did it...
    HatchlingByHeart
    Date:Jul 6, 2013 7:55 AM(Edited:Jul 6, 2013 8:09 AM) Title:Re: XBox One
    Whether XBOX One sells to degree Microsoft want it to at this point remains to be seen, but it's future looks very bleak. The amount of gamers I've seen and talked to that are still hurt that a company they worshipped for years could ever pull an EA and be as snide as they are about it, feeling absolutely no sympathy or understanding for their own fans, or the people these policies screwed over.

Even after reversing all of the DRM policies, they pretty much came out and flipped everyone the bird while they did it, snidely remarking that due to this decision, there will now be "less features". Also, there is no guarantee they won't backstab the consumers later and readd it all via another patch. Microsoft have shown hostility and resentment towards consumers, thinly veiled behind the usual PR spin, about these issues and their change of heart seems driven purely by pressure from consumers and nothing else.

Between this and all the PRISM and NSA stuff.
    Microsoft's close partnership with the NSA and the fact that the Kinect is required to be connected at all times and be able to see a person playing for the XBOX One to function, was a source of a long-circulating rumor that Microsoft was watching you at times, even when Kinect functionality was turned off (the device does not power off, it just disables Kinect user functionality). Microsoft has not commented on these claims, but the possibility is high enough to prompt legal action against Microsoft in an effort to curb these actions.

I know this sounds biased, on account that I'm pretty much a Nintendo fan, but the projection for Microsoft isn't good, ask almost anyone out there. As a gamer who values privacy, I'm very very scared of Microsoft right now.

•  
    slash
    Date:Jul 6, 2013 3:14 PM Title:Re: XBox One
    im just going to tape over the kinect and if i can't play i'll sue for privacy invasion if i don't play kinect games and they want me to untape it that means there watching me and i can use this to sue them.

life is like a cabinent that no one been in for over 5 years you don't know if whats in side bites,stings or scraths but thats what makes it random just like me. o.-

•  
    Retroactively Continuitous
    cge0361
    Date:Jul 6, 2013 3:36 PM(Edited:Jul 6, 2013 3:39 PM) Title:Re: XBox One
    im just going to tape over the kinect
    "System error: user environment cannot be seen.  For your health and safety, please use XBox One® in a properly-lit room and ensure its lens is not obstructed."

i'll sue
    You can file a suit if you like, but I do not think you could succeed in any meaningful way.  It's not an invasion of privacy if you willingly buy the device, willingly put it in your home, willingly agree to the Terms and Conditions (that surely include watching you, Jeff Goldblum style whenever the machine is powered and programmed to do so) when presented (just another EULA right?), and willingly participate in its provided services.

Do you really think Microsoft's legal team is composed of such novices that they expose Microsoft to a Duck Tape liability?

•  
    slash
    Date:Sep 26, 2013 2:45 PM Title:Re: XBox One

im just going to tape over the kinect
    "System error: user environment cannot be seen.  For your health and safety, please use XBox One® in a properly-lit room and ensure its lens is not obstructed."

i'll sue
    You can file a suit if you like, but I do not think you could succeed in any meaningful way.  It's not an invasion of privacy if you willingly buy the device, willingly put it in your home, willingly agree to the Terms and Conditions (that surely include watching you, Jeff Goldblum style whenever the machine is powered and programmed to do so) when presented (just another EULA right?), and willingly participate in its provided services.

Do you really think Microsoft's legal team is composed of such novices that they expose Microsoft to a Duck Tape liability?
    but its duck tape it can fix anything

life is like a cabinent that no one been in for over 5 years you don't know if whats in side bites,stings or scraths but thats what makes it random just like me. o.-