AGNPH Forums

Note about Gallery Tags

•  
    Retroactively Continuitous
    cge0361
    Date:Jul 11, 2013 5:59 PM(Edited:Jul 11, 2013 6:01 PM) Title:Re: Note about Gallery Tags
    incompatible with the tagging guide
    It's your bed to make and sleep in.  I merely suggest an alternative, more akin to a Japanese futon.  A little higher maintenance, but less apt to harbor bedbugs.

formulate a complete argument
    Unnecessary since this is not a debate, merely a dismissal at your prerogative of said suggestion.  Were it one, however, I would refer back to my accommodation for branching development trees as supporting "Pokémon whose form changes radically between evolutions," and that section's qualification that it would be a measure to take specificially to reduce tag population, and not at a cost of usability.

Danbooru and Gelbooru's term
    ...leads me to question their literacy.

•  
    BioPhoenix
    Date:Jul 12, 2013 9:00 AM(Edited:Jul 12, 2013 9:11 AM) Title:Re: Note about Gallery Tags
    Unnecessary since this is not a debate, merely a dismissal at your prerogative of said suggestion.

Any attempt to convince others to one's point of view constitutes an argument, and I'd rather give a good one than a bad one.  :P

Let me try again...

More tags is not a serious problem for most purposes on a system like this. I don't know exactly how the database works, but even going so far as to cut the number of tags from the current by half shouldn't significantly increase performance for most searches. Shaving off a number (not actually all that many, since so many Pokémon do undergo significant changes upon evolution) of species tags would not be very helpful for its cost in terms of irrelevant search results increasing the amount of search pages that must be traversed, and other increases in annoyance related to that. Also, I don't believe I've seen that "generally only final forms are portrayed" in art here; unevolved Pokémon are quite common, depending on species and line.

The same applies to content tags. It is better to have a relevant and searchable, and at least fairly common, content tag, verb or no, and suffer an dip in performance that is between marginal and imperceptible, than it is to lack that content tag and make searching more difficult, which would necessitate using more searches and/or traversing more pages to find a picture that one was looking for, or one matching one's desires, at least.

This looks like it could be its own thread, at this point. :-\

•  
    Hah. Gaaay.
    BRN Six
    Date:Jul 12, 2013 12:49 PM Title:Re: Note about Gallery Tags
    I think kissing is a fine tag,  because it's an action and it's useful for describing the picture.

Cumming inside seems like more of a fetishistic thing, which doesn't help someone describe the picture.

"Hey, I found this cool picture."
    "What's in it?"
    "Two guys, kissing."
    "Cute."

"Hey, I found this cool picture."
    "What's in it?"
    "He's coming inside."
    "Riiight... but what's in it?"

~BRNx

•  
    Flygon
    Date:Jul 12, 2013 4:44 PM Title:Re: Note about Gallery Tags

When I refer to "loli or shota, or young, or something of the sort", I refer not to matters of age itself, or anything that could possibly relate to ferals, but a possible body sub-shape of anthro, human, and near-human characters. (It could theoretically apply to taurs and other monster-girls as well, but I haven't seen any Pokémon ones it would apply to yet.)

...(rest of post)...
    I'm sorry, but the answer is a dead set no. If you wish to argue against this, raise a formal complaint with Wilon. But I would not place any bets on success. This is something that's simply explicitly set in the tagging guide.

All other posts in this topic have been noted, and will be discussed among staff.

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Jul 13, 2013 5:19 AM Title:Re: Note about Gallery Tags
    I was going to make a new thread, but this will do nicely to be more convenient.

So, I am having trouble identifying the gender the Zoroark in this image is: http://gallery.agn.ph/post/show/1981/tagme-zoroark

On e621 I would tag this "dickgirl" because it shows breasts and it shows a penis. but I know the rules here are different. Now, would it be hermaphrodite or transgender just to keep from confusing people? Or would it be a "dickgirl" because there lacks a cunt? I really hope you can answer this, because this has caused many a argument on e621 with many people saying "you cannot call it a 'Dickgirl' because it is a herm and the artist themselves have said that!" or "because the character is a herm in all of hir other images!" and the counter being "but that's the rules".

Also, side note, the correct tag for that image, if it is a hermaphrodite, would be the full word, correct?

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    Beluinus
    Date:Jul 13, 2013 5:51 AM Title:Re: Note about Gallery Tags
    Futa. Just me. I always thought of it as futa have breasts and a penis, but no pussy, and a herm has all the parts.

Go read my stories!!
     My stories

•  
    Xell
    Date:Jul 13, 2013 6:06 AM Title:Re: Note about Gallery Tags

Futa. Just me. I always thought of it as futa have breasts and a penis, but no pussy, and a herm has all the parts.

But you cannot prove it has no vaginal area.

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    Beluinus
    Date:Jul 13, 2013 6:08 AM Title:Re: Note about Gallery Tags
    That's why I said just me. Really, you're only supposed to tag what you see. If it's a character, and a known character, then someone might know for sure. Until then, you tag what you can see.

Go read my stories!!
     My stories

•  
    Flygon
    Date:Jul 13, 2013 6:31 AM(Edited:Jul 13, 2013 6:34 AM) Title:Re: Note about Gallery Tags
    Tagged as hermaphrodite, and aliased herm to hermaphrodite.

I'd rather any characters with multiple gender sexual characteristics were tagged as hermaphrodites. This is also set out in the tagging guide, albeit loosely.

•  
    Xell
    Date:Jul 13, 2013 5:10 PM Title:Re: Note about Gallery Tags

That's why I said just me. Really, you're only supposed to tag what you see. If it's a character, and a known character, then someone might know for sure. Until then, you tag what you can see.

Yeah, but that's e621's policy, Hatch has clearly stated this is not AGNPH's policy.

Tagged as hermaphrodite, and aliased herm to hermaphrodite.

I'd rather any characters with multiple gender sexual characteristics were tagged as hermaphrodites. This is also set out in the tagging guide, albeit loosely.

Thank you, one last question from me:

What about a cuntboy situation? Just label it cuntboy?

My YT channel:

XellandGames