AGNPH Forums

Future

•  
    Hah. Gaaay.
    BRN Six
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 9:48 AM Title:Re: Future
    As a writer, I definitely agree that the fics section needs an aesthetic overhaul. Or at least, just a user-friendliness one.

The upload system is currently manageable, but between searching by "title" and "author" I'm not particular sure how to find things I want to read.

~BRNx

•  
    Retroactively Continuitous
    cge0361
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 12:50 PM Title:Re: Future
    I don't know if SoFurry still allows stories
    Every artist I know uses SoFu as a mirror, not a main, and almost all of my reads and comments come from SoFu and FFnet.

•  
    Hah. Gaaay.
    BRN Six
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 12:57 PM Title:Re: Future

I don't know if SoFurry still allows stories
    Every artist I know uses SoFu as a mirror, not a main, and almost all of my reads and comments come from SoFu and FFnet.

Pretty much this. SoFurry's community is so much more willing to read stories than, say, FA.

It's not seeing the big picture, if you try to guess what gets attention based on how the front page is set out. The little social memes that run through the different sites are important. People on SF are just genuinely more interested in stories.

~BRNx

•  
    Wife of Glaze
    Bébinn Heffernan
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 8:34 PM Title:Re: Future
    It's not seeing the big picture, if you try to guess what gets attention based on how the front page is set out.

I was basing it also on what Search turned up, not just the front page layout.

•  
    Hah. Gaaay.
    BRN Six
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 10:59 PM Title:Re: Future

It's not seeing the big picture, if you try to guess what gets attention based on how the front page is set out.

I was basing it also on what Search turned up, not just the front page layout.

Ah. Well, then you were judging based on a searching algorithm -- but that sort of doesn't change the point. Main thing is to judge a site's community by... well, its community.

~BRNx

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Jul 16, 2013 7:08 AM Title:Re: Future
    Currently, I think the administration has burned through their budget when it comes to changes to the site, so I think the fics are staying as is. But maybe you can suggest something later?

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    Flygon
    Date:Jul 16, 2013 8:11 AM Title:Re: Future

Currently, I think the administration has burned through their budget when it comes to changes to the site, so I think the fics are staying as is. But maybe you can suggest something later?
    The search algorithm has always annoyed me, myself, but you're right. Our coders are burnt out, and need a break.

<<123>><<123>>