AGNPH Forums

Introduction of New Evoltuion: Megaevolution in pokemon x/y

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Aug 9, 2013 7:05 PM Title:Re: Introduction of New Evoltuion: Megaevolution in pokemon x/y

Following yesterdays reveal of the new Pokémon, and the Mega Evolutions, some clear images have surfaced which showcase some of these Pokémon in battle. It also provides a few further bits of information. First, Pokémon can only Mega Evolve when they are holding a Mega Stone. Mega Stones are a type of item like Evolutionary Stones and include specific items such as the Blazikenite that the event Torchic holds. The Blazikenite is not found within normal gameplay. It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are temporary, being only in battle.
    It confirms that not all Pokémon will have Mega Evolutions. The Master Tower has a connection to Mega Evolutions
    It also confirms stat increases, stating that MegaLucario's Attack is higher. MegaAbsol has increased Attack & Speed.
    We also can confirm that Meekuru has the ability Sap Sipper. Finally, it also confirms that Super Training will increase Pokémon's "Kiso" Points. This is what EVs are commonly called in Japan.
    05:33: Next month's CoroCoro to feature new Pokémon, new Mega Evolutions and type chart featuring the Fairy-type

While I'm not wild about the Mega-design for Blaziken or Lucario as they look like a bad deviant art fursona, I'm down with the idea itself. I was texting my roommate yesterday and we were concerned that this mega-evolution would change the entire game, but that doesn't appear to be quite the case. It seems like a balanced idea for some Pokemon to gain a temporary in-battle stat boost at the expense of their hold item. Don't really think Blaziken, Mewtwo, or Lucario really needed it, but Absol, Mawile, and even Ampharos could use the boost. Absol and Mawile were two Pokemon my roommate and I have talked about that could use an evolve form to keep them more competitively viable (still want that baby-evolution for Absol, it would be adorable!).

But more importantly, they'll finally confirm by next month what the damage given and taken for the Fairy type is.

Edit: Apparently the MegaAmpharos type changes into Electric/Dragon, MegaMawile gets the ability Huge Power, and Absol gets the ability Magic Bounce. That makes this whole thing like ten times cooler to me.

MegaBlaziken and MegaLucario get Speed Boost and Adaptability respectively, but that's not as exciting for me.

Yes but if you look at Absol's stats alone, Absol did not need it either. Keep in mind, Absol has the highest normal attack of any normal Pokemon, and surpassing those of all sing evolution Pokemon.

Although I find the idea ridiculous, the truth is, they were tasting this all along starting with Deyoxis. Deyoxis had the ability to change form just by touching stones, which, although not really in this same way, was more of a stat altering device that altered the way people would stategize against it. They then tested a held item form with both Giratina and Arceus, both featuring changes of form depending on the item held. Arceus was the one affected the most subtly and in this manner, only changing its type without changing its appearance or its type shown in the game.

The fact that they were able to do that on such a small game, was what made them decide that they should do this.

Also, I like the idea that they can be cute and cuddly for one form, but then when shit goes down go all mega-form and kick ass. Now, I think what they are doing is refining something they saw attempted by a similar franchise that then kinda went underground. Most people know about the Digimon series and it was obvious it was trying to leech off of Pokemons success, but unfortunately their "temporary battle evolution" system was unrefined and needed some polishing when it came to how it played. I think this is Game Freak saying "after years of practice in the field we may be able to do what others have failed to do" if so, good on  them and I cannot wait to see how this goes.

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    Mayor of Detroit
    smashbro
    Date:Aug 9, 2013 9:38 PM Title:Re: Introduction of New Evoltuion: Megaevolution in pokemon x/y
    Yes but if you look at Absol's stats alone, Absol did not need it either. Keep in mind, Absol has the highest normal attack of any normal Pokemon, and surpassing those of all sing evolution Pokemon.

He didn't need an attack boost, especially with access to swords dance, I'll give you that, but Absol's poor defenses and mediocre speed leave much to be desired. If Absol were to truly shine as an offensive Pokemon it needs the speed gain. The gain in attack will probably make Absol be like a slower, yet more powerful Mienshao.

Also, Rampardos has the highest attack of normal Pokemon with a base of 165. Second to Deoxys.

•  
    yus?~
    Myst
    Date:Aug 9, 2013 9:44 PM Title:Re: Introduction of New Evoltuion: Megaevolution in pokemon x/y
    well, it is confirmed that your pokemon has to hold an special item SPECIFIC to this pokemon, which means, there is no single mega-stone for every pokemon, but for each pokemon with a possible mega-evolution their own stone, for Lucario it being the Lucarionite. it is said that those are hard to obtain items.

also, with the release of pokemon x and y, there will be an international possibility to download the hoenn fire-starter with the blazikonite, meaning that you have your first pokemon with an mega-evolution! I don´t know how long it will take.

it also seems that pokemon is recognizing much more the competitive area now actually even implumenting Super-training where it seems that you actually train your pokemons BASIC Stats if I read that correctly, if not, it just means an much more efficient way to train EV for your pokemon to be competitive without using these bands and pokerus.

also, to read it all on yourself, there is the official site about all the new content that came with the corocoro magazine:

Mega-volutions: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/
    Torchic DLC: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/torchic_distribution/
    Super-training: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/super_training/

also: talking about the ampharos mega-volution, I got a nice gif I found x3: http://31.media.tumblr.com/ce794d9768a81003af187601dfb1dba4/tumblr_mr8ravE2nm1rueh64o1_250.gif

76561198057669233.png

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Aug 9, 2013 10:00 PM Title:Re: Introduction of New Evoltuion: Megaevolution in pokemon x/y
    You know what? the more I hear about this the more I feel the names lack luster. They feel like they are cheesy and need rethinking... but then again, this is most likely just a "because it's Japan, what are you going to do?" kind of thing.

Keeping in mind that they love English, they probably called it "Super Training" because it was a cool name in English to them, so they kept it. I have no problems with the names other than the lackluster, I bet you I will be constantly talking about how I am in "Super Training" later on and won't really give a fuck about the name.

Now, I must also keep in mind, some of their features sound really cool, but end up being a flop and I will end up just doing the main game as if i am playing Pokemon Red. But others are so strange sounding that I end up passing them by then learning after completing the game that they are the best way to get better stuff. My best example for the secondary was the movies from B2/W2, I thought "oh just something to do when I have free time" And so I finished the game then went back and did the "strange endings" just to learn that I could get max revives for completing a series of movies with "strange endings"., but I have a theory that they purposefully advertised it in such a way that it sounded like a pass-up.

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    Arroooo?
    LongDog
    Date:Aug 11, 2013 4:08 AM Title:Re: Introduction of New Evoltuion: Megaevolution in pokemon x/y
    I still think some of them developers have been watching reruns of DBZ too much.

they are running of things to turn inot pokemon, so instead of finding new sprinkles they add a layer to the cake and call it good.

•  
    Psychic powers never sleep.
    MiserableFates
    Date:Sep 27, 2013 3:42 PM Title:Re: Introduction of New Evoltuion: Megaevolution in pokemon x/y
    Wait, so what about branched evolution tree's like eevee or kirlia? Also I had this insane dream about a mega evolution pikachu involving the pichu from heartgold/soulsilver that normally couldn't evolve, none the less to say it was weird but it was an interesting idea in my head.

<<12>><<12>>