AGNPH Forums

December Contest

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Dec 1, 2013 6:15 AM(Edited:Jan 1, 2014 5:33 AM) Title:December Contest
    As we continue on our monthly contest schedule, the November contest is now closed. If you have any questions or concerns about any of the contests, feel free to leave a comment either here or on the fics news post. But for now, here's the next prompt:

This time of year can be harsh, relentless and unforgiving. But amidst all of this, the upcoming holidays give some respite and relaxation. The contest topic for this month is all about preparing for and relaxing during this gift-giving holiday season: the 2013 Holidays contest.

Entries will be due 11:59 pm on December 31, 2013, with the usual allowances for time zones. Please tag all entries with the appropriate contest category tag.

Note: For the Australians that I know might want to enter, I didn't say that it had to be winter~

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

•  
    Root Beer, the finest beverage in all the land.
    Spicktin
    Date:Dec 4, 2013 12:35 AM Title:Re: December Contest
    Ooo, I'd love to write something, but I have no ideas, it'd take a while for me to ponder up an idea. . .

When does the contest close?

•  
    Retroactively Continuitous
    cge0361
    Date:Dec 16, 2013 4:03 PM Title:Re: December Contest
    There seems to be some difficulty getting contestants for these prompts, if I take it for granted that there is no discussion or results for November due to no entries, and this December thread having one maybe (immediately above) and one trying (myself) to speak of, which is hardly enough players to consider a contest.

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Dec 16, 2013 5:25 PM Title:Re: December Contest
    There are a few others on IRC that mentioned interest in entering this contest, but in general you're right.  Unfortunately, the best days of the Fics section are probably behind us.

That said, if there aren't enough entries to do proper placements then all the entries will get featured on the home page anyways.

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

•  
    Junior Time Keeper
    crystal serebii
    Date:Dec 17, 2013 4:27 AM Title:Re: December Contest
    I'll try to whip something up in the next few days. I've been wanting to do a Christmas special anyway.
    Also, I sure hope that the fics isn't dying again cuz I really enjoy it lol :P

"My songs know what you did in the dark!"
    BUY MY BOOK! :D
    ban3r000.png

•  
    Junior Time Keeper
    crystal serebii
    Date:Dec 25, 2013 3:24 AM Title:Re: December Contest
    Ok. I've been writing and writing but I can't get the story to be anything but crap. Sorry, but it just not suitable to post anywhere so I'm afraid I wont be entering this contest. Maybe next year.
    Hasn't felt like Christmas this year anyway... :(

"My songs know what you did in the dark!"
    BUY MY BOOK! :D
    ban3r000.png

•  
    Retroactively Continuitous
    cge0361
    Date:Dec 25, 2013 5:10 PM Title:Re: December Contest
    Sounds like I’ve gone it alone, then.

That’s a disappointment.