AGNPH Forums

Just a thought

•  
    I gooby
    Sorrow
    Date:Feb 28, 2014 5:38 AM(Edited:Feb 28, 2014 5:44 AM) Title:Just a thought
    Why do i feel that agnph might get more traffic (specifically NEW traffic?) if the gallery portion of it was made that main page instead of the news page-thingy? News page is cool and all, but i feel it would be cool if it was implemented differently, and in a way that doesnt warrant an entire page for its usage, much less the front page.

Having the URL "agn.ph" direct to the gallery makes this place similar to other booru/gallery/imageboard sites, and provides an odd comfort of familiarity to me, whenever i visit the gallery with the thinking of what it would be like as a main page.

After all, it IS the main focus of the community and site. Plus, News can be part of the forums... or something. I know news is important too. In fact, why not keep it as Home, but not make the News page the ACTUAL home or something like that? lolicantthinkstraightrightnow x3

Just a thought that popped up in my head that i felt might help this site in general a little.

Exodus
    Games everywhere~

•  
    Anoliz
    Date:Feb 28, 2014 6:14 AM Title:Re: Just a thought
    Getting news out to people is important. But only important to those who actually care. In this I believe that it should have a page of its own, but like you said, not the main page. I agree with this idea. The home page should be the gallery and it could potentially attract new traffic. Usually when someone finds a site like this they're on a search for some good smut. They come here and whats the first thing they see? News. Like a weirdly organized resume, the first impression would be "not what I want, goodbye." Once this visitor becomes accustomed to the site and actually becomes active on it, then they may care for the news and then go to the news page.

I took a class in high school that largely focused on advertisement and how it affects people. Not saying I'm an expert on it (nothing could be further from the truth), but I do know a little bit about it. Mostly first impressions and hooks. We could also do something like a featured picture on this "Gallery Homepage" that would be changed every so often, that would also show the visitor what the artists on this site are capable of. And it would be right there on the homepage. But that would probably need an "Are you over eighteen" link first.

|Life...|

•  
    I gooby
    Sorrow
    Date:Feb 28, 2014 6:19 AM Title:Re: Just a thought
    I think the gallery's snivy is fine though x3

Exodus
    Games everywhere~

•  
    Anoliz
    Date:Feb 28, 2014 6:32 AM Title:Re: Just a thought
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that Snivy. :/

I've seen it so many times I guess my brain doesn't register it anymore. :P

|Life...|

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Feb 28, 2014 8:40 AM Title:Re: Just a thought
    The site's always had a news landing page, even the version before the old coppermine gallery.  No reason to change it now.  In fact, it's easier to get to the gallery now, since there isn't a warning page before you hit the gallery.

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

•  
    Sleep Harder~ ||=(>|3
    MaDrow
    Date:Feb 28, 2014 7:22 PM Title:Re: Just a thought

The site's always had a news landing page, even the version before the old coppermine gallery.  No reason to change it now.  In fact, it's easier to get to the gallery now, since there isn't a warning page before you hit the gallery.
    +1

Here, have a Rare Candy~! 'Cause last night I found out you have to dream sweeter~! |=(>;3c

•  
    Demon
    PokeDemon666
    Date:Mar 10, 2014 8:35 AM Title:Re: Just a thought
    Random topic... I had my old cell since I was 15 and I justvbarely joined the touch screen people that think their better. I proved them wrong. My old phone went to hell and I back with me multiple times. My old phone has been through cow waste, horse waste, and lots of rain ass snow.

15.jpg

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Mar 26, 2014 8:01 PM Title:Re: Just a thought
    For some reason I always thought with one of the iterations that I was on that it went straight to the gallery, or was it the forums? I don't remember... but it still works, and at least this one doesn't have you scroll down because the search system works with name not anything else.

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames