AGNPH Forums

June Theme

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Jun 2, 2014 12:25 AM(Edited:Aug 1, 2014 8:36 AM) Title:June Theme
    • "A Magikarp living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash."
    • "Many odd things happen if Kadabra is close by. For example, it makes clocks run backwards."
    • "Machamp's four ruggedly developed arms can launch a flurry of 1,000 punches in just two seconds."
    • "Metang's body is so tough, even a crash with a jet plane won’t leave a scratch."
    • "Magcargo's body temperature is approximately 18,000 degrees F. Water is vaporized on contact."

The Pokédex is chock full of silly entries for various Pokémon. For the most part, that's probably as reliable as Oak  can get with his researchers being 10-year-old children. But in every false claim there's always a hidden kernel of truth.

For the month of June, take some of the Pokédex entries of your choice from the game series and treat them as cold, hard facts. What would happen if Magikarps could leap mountains, or Machmps could punch you to the next region?

Submit your stories before the end of the month, tag them with the appropriate category and mention in the summary or story itself the relevent dex entries. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

•  
    AKA: Ziegles
    AGolfCart
    Date:Jun 2, 2014 12:39 AM Title:Re: June Theme
    This is fantastically ridiculous! I love it, but I really don't know if I want to write a story about it. I'd rather see what other peeps are going to do with it.

But seriously, can we talk about that magcargo entry? You wouldn't even be able to get within 150 feet of that thing without bursting into flames!

Want a good book series to read? Try Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness!