AGNPH Forums

Mobile site suggestions

•  
    thatguy
    Date:Dec 3, 2015 7:56 AM Title:Mobile site suggestions

Hi, I'm primarily a mobile user of the site (via iOS Safari) so I wanted to share some personal opinions on how I believe the mobile version of AGNPH could be improved.

Again, these are personal opinions.

The first thing I noticed when coming over to the new site is that it felt a bit too zoomed in, in general. And as a result of this, it also made it feel like everything was just crammed onto the pages of the site.

The second opinion I have is that the text size in the Fics section is a bit too big for my liking, though I also recognize that some people would prefer to have bigger text sizes when on mobile so I feel that this new version of AGNPH could benefit from having text size changing buttons like on the older version of the site.

And that is my two cents on the new site done.

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Dec 4, 2015 3:42 AM Title:RE: Mobile site suggestions

First of all, thanks for the new site feedback! We've worked really hard to get it easily usable on mobile devices, but since we can't test all possible hardware, seeing any issues people have is essential to getting the site in optimal working condition.

In terms of text size and general site zoom level, this is something that we're still testing to get the right balance between usability and visual appeal, and will probably have some account preferences you can adjust to fit your specific device.

For the fics section especially, we will have an option to adjust story text size separately. Don't worry, this feature is high on our priority list and  will be added.

Edit: Zoom levels have been added to the entire site, and will be remembered on a per-device basis (as long as you have javascript and cookies enabled).

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

•  
    just remember. im here as the big swampert teddy..
    dark devil
    Date:Sep 11, 2016 4:04 AM Title:RE: Mobile site suggestions

Can't seem to find the delete messages in my inbox section.  Don't know if I'm not looking hard enough or not.

the more messier your room is  the smarter you are.

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Sep 11, 2016 12:18 PM Title:RE: Mobile site suggestions
    dark devil on Sep 11, 2016 said:

Can't seem to find the delete messages in my inbox section.  Don't know if I'm not looking hard enough or not.

There is no "Delete Message" option for the mobile site, I just checked (Android 5.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy S4).

Speaking of messages, there is no direct way of going to your inbox on the mobile site, you have to go through your Profile/Settings, then select Messages. Would be nice if the Inbox was a selection when pressing on your profile picture.

•  
    Cyn
    Date:Sep 11, 2016 9:12 PM Title:RE: Mobile site suggestions
    Chief on Sep 11, 2016 said:

Speaking of messages, there is no direct way of going to your inbox on the mobile site, you have to go through your Profile/Settings, then select Messages. Would be nice if the Inbox was a selection when pressing on your profile picture.

This has now been added, thanks for the suggestion.

As for deleting messages, things would get confusing if parts of message threads were missing, so we didn't add that (for either mobile or desktop).

siYrw.gif

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Feb 9, 2017 2:45 PM Title:RE: Mobile site suggestions

It seems like trying to tap on any of the profile options on the main site is broken. I now have to find a recent post of mine to access my profile and messages.

•  
    Cyn
    Date:Feb 10, 2017 5:13 AM Title:RE: Mobile site suggestions
    Chief on Feb 9, 2017 said:

It seems like trying to tap on any of the profile options on the main site is broken. I now have to find a recent post of mine to access my profile and messages.

Thanks for reporting the issue, it should now be fixed. Sorry about the inconvenience, I was cleaning up some of the site's code behind the scenes and that mistake slipped through the cracks.

If you notice anything else amiss, please let me know!

siYrw.gif