AGNPH Forums

Praise for a Job Well Done

•  
    Just your friendly neighborhood Sceptile
    Sanguine
    Date:Jul 10, 2013 11:16 PM Title:Praise for a Job Well Done
    I would like to extend my gratitude and thanks and well wished to the mods and Admins that are behind the recent changes. Though I'll miss it the chatbox is a small price to pay for the new forum, especially with the Cbox.ws we have as an alternative. It seems to be off to a good start and is getting a decent amount of activity.

I don't know what originally went wrong with the Fics Section but it's back to the good ol' system I remember signing up for and that is a something I would like to say its good to have it back.

I Love the New Gallery! It's everything I've ever wanted it to be. Now all it needs is some proper tagging which I'm sure will have me busy for months to come.

Again, just wanted to give Hatch and the Mods/Admins praise for a job I'd say is well done. Good job guys.

~Sanguine

aocz-rooster.pngaowz-libra.png

•  
    Wilon
    Date:Jul 11, 2013 2:23 AM Title:Re: Praise for a Job Well Done
    *does little happydance* ^^

In all seriousness, I really appreciate it. This change has been a long time coming, and now that all our systems are so well-refined and fully functional as we are, we can finally start focusing directly on providing new and improved content for our users. Who knows, maybe the site will reach its glory days once again!

•  
    Just your friendly neighborhood Sceptile
    Sanguine
    Date:Jul 11, 2013 2:46 AM Title:Re: Praise for a Job Well Done
    Here to hoping!

aocz-rooster.pngaowz-libra.png

•  
    Hawkeem
    Date:Jul 11, 2013 4:13 AM Title:Re: Praise for a Job Well Done
    Despite my skepticism going into this latest reboot (and the lingering doubts about its long term potential) the new site does look far, far better now. And given the community using the tools Hatch and the other admins have laid out it stands a chance at becoming more than a bump on the road to more popular furry fan sites.

Writing lemons is like auto-fellatio: for some it comes naturally, for others it takes years of practice. But once you can do it, it's one of the best guilty pleasures in the world.

•  
    BioPhoenix
    Date:Jul 11, 2013 6:15 AM Title:Re: Praise for a Job Well Done
    The new site is wonderful. It has everything that I wanted it to have, and doesn't have several things which I wanted it to not have, like distracting chatboxes. Also, it has a glorious and versatile gallery system with which I am definitely happy.

All Hail AGNPH!

This is the 5th version of the site, by my reckoning.

Zeroth came the Usenet group, which was never a site.
    First came Rasco's archive.
    Second came Doc's version of the site, running off of Coppermine, blue at first.
    Two and a halfth came Doc's version, second edition; AGNPH2 was proposed, but never completed. By the time I arrived, a new skin was in place, and it was gray.
    Third came the reign of Flygon and the vBulletin/whatever that German system was site.
    Three and a halfth came the full vBulletin version.
    Fourth came the previous blue version, on whatever system it was on.
    Fifth is this new version.

All Hail AGNPH5!

...Why has it always been blue, anyway? With the exception during the time starting before the start of Doc's descent and ending shortly after Hatch's arrival, and possibly also the exception of Rasco's time, I believe most versions of the site have had a distinctly blue theme, at least in their default skin. (In the single alternate skin that was briefly released for the last version of the site, as well.)

•  
    Beluinus
    Date:Jul 11, 2013 7:55 AM Title:Re: Praise for a Job Well Done
    I don't know. I like the blue themes though. It just kind of fits agnph.

Go read my stories!!
     My stories

•  
    Flygon did it...
    HatchlingByHeart
    Date:Jul 11, 2013 9:40 AM Title:Re: Praise for a Job Well Done
    ...Why has it always been blue, anyway? With the exception during the time starting before the start of Doc's descent and ending shortly after Hatch's arrival, and possibly also the exception of Rasco's time, I believe most versions of the site have had a distinctly blue theme, at least in their default skin. (In the single alternate skin that was briefly released for the last version of the site, as well.)

A little bit of trivia: The original design for the new site had no blue in it at all! ^^ It was originally to be a pale theme consisting of green, orange, and yellow, as was suggested by other admins, but was met with overwhelming negative criticism by users. So I surprised everyone with this skin, which I affectionately dub "Squirtle".

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:Jul 11, 2013 12:35 PM Title:Re: Praise for a Job Well Done
    Green, orange and yellow...isn't that the colour pallet for a Dragonite? Sneaky Hatch, trying to leave his mark ;p

But yeah, I love this new version of the site, makes me want to participate even more in it~ :3

•  
    Kat
    Kat
    Date:Jul 11, 2013 2:47 PM Title:Re: Praise for a Job Well Done
    I'm intrigued as to what new content the staff here has planned for us users, and once again great job with the site. :)

•  
    Flygon
    Date:Jul 12, 2013 4:47 PM Title:Re: Praise for a Job Well Done
    Green, orange and yellow...isn't that the colour pallet for a Dragonite? Sneaky Hatch, trying to leave his mark ;p
    Actually, it was me ripping the theme off the (now closed down) Yggdrasil Online private Ragnarok Online server livery.

I wish I was kidding. ;D

<<12>><<12>>