AGNPH Forums

Movies

•  
    Just your friendly neighborhood Sceptile
    Sanguine
    Date:Jul 11, 2013 11:39 PM Title:Re: Movies

I'm rather excited about Pacific Rim, which is coming out this Friday. From the trailers it looks heavily influenced by giant monster and robot movies and anime, and has some Evangelion in it in particular, and it's in 3D and IMAX. Between all of this, it should be hard for it not to be awesome.

It's had rave reviews so far, and it looks like it has some Gundam thrown in there too.

aocz-rooster.pngaowz-libra.png

•  
    BioPhoenix
    Date:Jul 13, 2013 8:57 PM Title:Re: Movies
    I went and watched Pacific Rim yesterday. In 3D and IMAX. It was seriously awesome.

The Kaiju were very much like...uh, the giant monsters from kaiju films. The robots were very much anime-style super robots, and less Evangelion-like than I might have expected, in good ways. Almost all the fight scenes took place at night. But for night scenes, they were well-lit and I could tell what was going on, which is well above many night scenes in live-action and CG movies I've seen.

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Jul 15, 2013 6:12 AM Title:Re: Movies

Despicable Me 2 was awesome also. Heartwarmingly hilarious

Thrusts his crotch near many items before saying "I do not know what you are talking about."

I went to see DM2 on the day it was released, because it was the same day as my birthday, I cannot say I didn't enjoy it thoroughly and thought that any other movie they could have been playing would have been a waste of my time.

As for Monsters University, I cannot say anything for I have not seen it, although I can tell you it seems like a legitimate way to go around it rather than making a true sequel.

Another movie... I want to see RIPD, looks hillarious, and when I saw the full length trailer I knew instantly that it was going to be awesome and hilarious.

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    i am the spawn of the devil....the dark devil
    Blaze
    Date:Jul 20, 2013 1:12 AM Title:Re: Movies
    well to refer to the halo stuff cheif i heard that there making a TV series on halo than a movie. I got the info from the first showing of Xbox one on E3.

But a movie that is going to suck is the disney movies besides the star wars movies unless they fuck that up too.

I am Blaze, (just blaze)
    I am just a normal person with a musical ear for talent (and metal) with my music skills and my bass i shall rock till i drop (and make money).

•  
    I need metal for a YT outro
    Xell
    Date:Jul 20, 2013 7:02 AM Title:Re: Movies

well to refer to the halo stuff cheif i heard that there making a TV series on halo than a movie. I got the info from the first showing of Xbox one on E3.

But a movie that is going to suck is the disney movies besides the star wars movies unless they fuck that up too.

Okay, are you saying then a Halo movie? Or rather than?

Also, Disney has made some fairly good movies recently, don't go dissing them. If you have not seen Wreck-it-Ralph, you need to, now. It may have took a shitton of money to produce, but danm... It's like I was watching a Disney classic. I nearly cried... And I don't cry in movies, except that one movie Grave of the Fireflies... but even then Only a single tear was shed... and that's my form of weeping.

On that subject, for those who saw it, Wreck-it-Ralph is getting a sequel focusing on the home console and online gaming, and the original cast has already said "We were only scratching the surface, so why not?".

'Cause we are alone, here in death valley

Happy songs are over-rated, I'm listening to: angry stuff, sad stuff and rebellion stuff.

My YT channel:

XellandGames

•  
    i am the spawn of the devil....the dark devil
    Blaze
    Date:Sep 30, 2013 12:00 AM Title:Re: Movies

Okay, are you saying then a Halo movie? Or rather than?

Also, Disney has made some fairly good movies recently, don't go dissing them. If you have not seen Wreck-it-Ralph, you need to, now. It may have took a shitton of money to produce, but danm... It's like I was watching a Disney classic. I nearly cried... And I don't cry in movies, except that one movie Grave of the Fireflies... but even then Only a single tear was shed... and that's my form of weeping.

On that subject, for those who saw it, Wreck-it-Ralph is getting a sequel focusing on the home console and online gaming, and the original cast has already said "We were only scratching the surface, so why not?".

They are making a TV series of Halo rather then a movie

I am Blaze, (just blaze)
    I am just a normal person with a musical ear for talent (and metal) with my music skills and my bass i shall rock till i drop (and make money).

•  
    Shaku
    Date:Oct 26, 2013 5:38 AM Title:Re: Movies
    Just finished watching Bad Grandpa with my mate, it was a pretty good laugh, specially the ladies night scene and the nuts being all flippity floppity
    good stuff

•  
    Rawrr!
    Renn
    Date:Dec 30, 2013 1:51 AM Title:Re: Movies
    Last month I've finally watched Norbit, due to a few younger than me pressuring me to watch it with them. Their reason? Stating that it was 'Funny to watch' and because he (Eddie Murphy) plays fat people again. One or two scenes were indeed funny, but the movie as a whole was just... ugh..

Mrawwr~

•  
    Long Live King Sonic the Hedgehog
    King Sonic
    Date:May 8, 2014 2:12 PM Title:Re: Movies
    i thought Forward Unto Dawn was a Halo movie. Anyway i found out LionsGate is doing a reboot of MMPR so lets hope in a way its better than the movie adaption of the Season 3 transition

I have at last found a place to call home, Cloudsdale Castle

•  
    just remember. im here as the big swampert teddy..
    dark devil
    Date:May 20, 2014 9:53 PM Title:Re: Movies
    well I was having high hopes on a legend of Zelda movie but the only thing that came out was an April fools trailer that came out a few years back that kinda chushed my hopes for it coming out cause it looked amazing for a joke trailer of oot.

the more messier your room is  the smarter you are.

<<12>><<12>>