AGNPH Forums

Are the AGN fics dead?

•  
    Hawkeem
    Date:Mar 28, 2014 6:08 AM Title:Re: Are the AGN fics dead?

It comes back to my point. A lot of good writers left because of lack of incentive to post here. Making blanket statements like 'all the new fics are terrible' seems rather unproductive, sorry. While there may be a lot of sub-par content, there's plenty of folks who actively post quality pokemon content as well, they simply do it on other sites, because the incentive to do so is so much higher there. If we want the fics situation here to improve, the only way we're going to do that is by reaching out to those people. See if you can obtain permission to advertise contests on other forums. Pull traffic. Get people interested in posting here again. Otherwise, it's only going to go downhill from here.

There are a number of good authors for pokemon elsewhere, but an outreach is a long shot at best. As nice as it would be to see the agnph fic section regain momentum, it has as much chance as moving a boulder with one hand - you can do it with a lot of effort and ingenuity, but that effort could be applied elsewhere to greater effect. And it's more than lack of incentive that drove out authors, it was the complete collapse of the posting system and the first one being sub-par (along with the site in general), so attracting them back is also a matter of proving that agnph is stable once again.

Advertising is a worthwhile venture, but where could it be done with any effect?

Writing lemons is like auto-fellatio: for some it comes naturally, for others it takes years of practice. But once you can do it, it's one of the best guilty pleasures in the world.

•  
    SiberianCrystAlx
    Date:Apr 2, 2014 3:06 AM Title:Re: Are the AGN fics dead?
    I would like to write stories because it would faster to do a full animation, but ... I have many problems with the English language ... but I guess I can someday

I have to rectify the translator of google ... but I guess that I'm not 100%  :(

Por más solo que te encuentres, siempre existirá alguien a tu lado, acompañándote y cuidando de ti

•  
    Befuddling since 1985, when the Cows came home
    Raw19
    Date:Apr 4, 2014 11:44 PM Title:Re: Are the AGN fics dead?
    A few good editors could probably help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KyeGuard?feature=mhee

~ You think You're surprised? You should have seen My expression when they told me the Rain in Spain stays Mainly on the Plains! ~

~ Quotes and the like are only popular if that's what 'she' said. ~

•  
    Official Fluffdog
    Arcane_Reno
    Date:Apr 5, 2014 8:39 AM Title:Re: Are the AGN fics dead?

Advertising is a worthwhile venture, but where could it be done with any effect?

The most likely places would be the writing segments of the Sofurry or Furaffinity forums. Those are simultaneously the largest and most active communities.

Amateur writer, professional slacker.

•  
    Hawkeem
    Date:Apr 9, 2014 10:32 PM Title:Re: Are the AGN fics dead?

The most likely places would be the writing segments of the Sofurry or Furaffinity forums. Those are simultaneously the largest and most active communities.

Well, more power to anyone with enough notoriety within those communities then. Anything is better than nothing, though I remain pessimistic about the venture.

Writing lemons is like auto-fellatio: for some it comes naturally, for others it takes years of practice. But once you can do it, it's one of the best guilty pleasures in the world.

•  
    damanlyguy
    Date:Aug 2, 2014 3:45 AM Title:Re: Are the AGN fics dead?
    I'm a budding writer on the fics section, but there really is nothing (other than the love of writing smut) that entices me to write for the site.  I put in one fic at one point, but never really got much feedback on said story.

The biggest problem I've been running into is the themes.  Writing in the monthly contests seems like the most effective way to earn a reputation as a writer.  However, the themes have been rather ... uninspiring.

I spend almost the entire month coming up with a story that fits the theme, and is worth writing (and reading).  By the time I even come up with a good outline, the month is over.

If I can't get something worked out by the end of this month for it's theme, I'm probably going to abandon theme writing in general and just start doing random one-shots.

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Aug 2, 2014 5:33 AM Title:Re: Are the AGN fics dead?
    Keep in mind that the monthly themes are meant to get those creative juices flowing. You don't have to discard promising story ideas just because the month is over!

If you have any suggestions about a future monthly theme, shoot me a PM and I'll be sure to look at it.

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

<<12>><<12>>