AGNPH Forums

Mina: The Forum (Probably NSFW)

•  
    Junior Time Keeper
    crystal serebii
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 5:33 PM(Edited:May 5, 2014 12:45 AM) Title:Mina: The Forum (Probably NSFW)
        Whelp. Here it is, the long awaited site overhaul! This is great swanky new background, nice light blue color scheme. Only problem is, everything in the old forums was lost and for people like me who forgot to back up everything, it means making a new forum post from scratch! :D

It's okay though, the old forum had Cyn teaching me how to do stuff, and me talking to myself... which is probably what will end up happening again anyway lol. I see this as a chance to improve, and as I can see, the dash has several new font stuffs for me to try out so I just may have some fun with this ;)
    Firstly, Disclaimer:

This story is a work of fiction, any similarities to any real persons living or dead, or situations happenings, historical events, or the like are entirely coincidental. The majority of characters herein this fictional story are of my work and effort, the canvas they are planted on however, IE the concept of pokemon, are not. I do not claim to own Pokemon or any of the affiliated franchises. I am not gaining profit off of this work, and is intended entirely for entertainment purposes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Mina' is a story that I am currently writing about a Zoroark and her human companion... or other way around. After getting a late start at 13, Luke and Mina start their adventure into the pokemon world. Luke, being able to talk to pokemon, is not very appreciative of the sport of battling, in fact he completely despises it. Mina on the other hand, really enjoys contest battling. five years later; after an epic contest win in Driftveil city, Mina receives a birthday present from her trainer which fills her with joy and allows her to finally evolve, giving her access to finally give her lover the night to remember ;)
    The story doesn't stop there though, as the two once again begin to make their clockwise travel around the Unova region, they are meeted, periled, kidnapped, attacked, and all around tested. Join us... eh, I mean me, for the amazing tale of  depression, excitement, action, and love you have come to know all to well. Join me for the tale... of... Mina.

Whew, I don't know about you guys, but I am totally psyched! I feel like I'm at E3 all over again lol. So with that out of the way, here is the story, upcoming chapters, and other debaucheries:

MINA
    Hi8us
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENT CHAPTERS

*Warning! Red colored chapters have sexual parts in them, making them Not Safe For Work/School/Public/anyplace that would be deemed where content such as this would be considered inappropriate.*

Chapter 0: Prologue.
    Chapter 1: Nyan Fox 'or' Happy Birthday'
    Chapter 2: A Long Road Ahead.
    Chapter 3: To Kill A Chatot
    Chapter 4: Today’s Forecast; Rainy with a chance of conquest!
    Chapter 5: Enter Archangel.
    Chapter 6: The Lonely Angel.
    Chapter 7: When in Pokeland do as the Pokemon do.
    Chapter 8: Absol-ute Adventure.
    Chapter 9: Face Off! Caleb's Return!

NEXT CHAPTER:
    [spoiler=Chapter 10]
    Chapter 10: All Charged Up

Synopsis:
    Our heroes leave the Weather Institute and continue their journey towards Mistralton City. Along the way they come across a weird ritual type gathering.
    [/spoiler]

CURRENT EVENTS

Hello everyone! Long time no see! I'm glad that you've been sticking around and came back to check on my forum post! I know I have been really incognito over the past five or so months, and really I couldn't help it. I also remember stating way back that I'd be back in April. Um... If I were to take a guess, I'm sure that you may have found out that that wasn't exactly true. I expected for the semester to end a week ago so I could continue to type, however because of the extreme weather earlier in the year, the new release date is at the end of next week. Yes, I have 3, 20 page reports due on Tuesday lol. Oh well... Hopefully, I will be blowing away the dust covering Mina's supple form in a few more days.

In other news, I decided to catalog the older news posts below in spoiler sections! :D I dont want to get rid of them for some reason, call me a hoarder lol.

OLDER NEWS
    [spoiler=Hi8us information pt 1]Hey guys! If you are reading this then you might be here about the chapter end notes in chapter nine. I don't want to alarm anyone by saying that I can't type Mina anymore. So what I will say is that SEMI-season 2 has come to an end. I know I didn't really type a whole lot for you and it's only been like what... three chapters? But the story is going to have to be put on pause for the time being. Starting today actually (1/14/2014), I will be returning to school and this semester I will be taking a whopping 17 college credit hours!
    With that in mind I did break the taboo on the last school break and was able to write just a little bit between homework even though i didn't post anything. With my new increased work load, I wont have time to even sleep and eat let alone type this :P
    So, I am sorry to say that Mina's 2nd semi-season will end on chapter 9.
    Please be aware that the story is not done. It's just on pause... I know how hard hi8uses are, ever since I havent been getting my daily fix of Homestuck, I've felt sick every morning lol.

I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN SOME TIME IN APRIL May.
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler=Most reviewed story in fics!]I want to extend my gratitude towards all of the people who have been reading my story. and especially to the ones who have taken the time to review it! When I started writing this, I didnt know i would be getting as much feedback and attention that I am now, and it really brings a tear to my eye every time I think about it. :')
    I have received so many E-mails by people I don't even know, telling me how much they enjoyed some of the chapters.
    I was derping around on the top tens, looking for a good read and was surprised to find that Mina had made it to the number one spot in most reviews!

Once again, thank you guys so much. You all deserve several plates of granny's steaming hot fresh 1000 year old cookies! ^_^
    [/spoiler]

As a final note, I would like to use this precious forum as a chat room about the story. This will be a pretty long book by the time its all said and done and I would really like to hear the feedback, even if it isn't so nice. A lot of people believe that criticism is just people being mean, but I believe that they exist so that I/ we as writers can improve upon our work. And I know for a fact that my writing could use some work! :P
    Once again: Thank you all for taking the time to read my story and this forum post. I know its long, I can be quite long winded at times so... yea. I'm gonna be done now, so without further adieu, LET THE FORUMING COMMENCE!!

"My songs know what you did in the dark!"
    BUY MY BOOK! :D
    ban3r000.png

•  
    Flygon did it...
    HatchlingByHeart
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 6:04 PM Title:Re: Mina: The Forum (Probably NSFW)
    If you don't want your stories to be lost, they should be posted in the fics section, not the forums. The forums are for linking to your stories or discussing your stories, not actually displaying the whole story as part of the thread.

•  
    Retroactively Continuitous
    cge0361
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 7:43 PM Title:Re: Mina: The Forum (Probably NSFW)
    Despite the sheer amount of text in OP, I don't think CryCer is intending to dump the story here, but rather provide a centralized location for the story's fandom.

•  
    Junior Time Keeper
    crystal serebii
    Date:Jul 5, 2013 2:51 AM Title:Re: Mina: The Forum (Probably NSFW)

If you don't want your stories to be lost, they should be posted in the fics section, not the forums. The forums are for linking to your stories or discussing your stories, not actually displaying the whole story as part of the thread.

As the admittedly long intro post states, the story is in the Fics section where it belongs. This is just the discussion thread and contains links to where the chapters are located, as well as information regarding weather or not the story is currently being worked on AND the next chapter I am in the process of writing. Also I really want to see some art submitted! ;)

TLDR: Just like last time, this is only the forum dedicated to the story, and not actually the story

Despite the sheer amount of text in OP, I don't think CryCer is intending to dump the story here, but rather provide a centralized location for the story's fandom.

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR! As I have said in the intro post, I am sorry if I come off as a bit long winded, as that's just how I am.

ban3r000.png

•  
    cge0361
    Date:Jul 5, 2013 8:01 AM Title:Re: Mina: The Forum (Probably NSFW)
    I am sorry if I come off as a bit long winded
    Were I to put a word on it, not long-winded, but pretentious.  You seem to be going into this thinking you're writing the next Potter or Twilight series and are feathering a nest in preparation.  While I have seen one Pokémon fan-fic develop a "following" of sorts, I've yet to personally interview somebody who has argued successfully for its unconditional praise.  (Which it is I omit to avoid distracting this topic.)  Generally, followings form on their own; using giant letters, boldface, and underscore seems a little...pushy, at the very least, and as the nicest way I can put it.  ("Nicely" being one of the least-often appropriate ways to describe how I put things.)

Having read the first chapter of your piece at this moment, I have no serious complaints about it and it does show you understand what writing a chapter means rather than the typical neophyte's "sit down, write 1500 words, submit as a chapter" pattern, but it's infested with typographical errors and typesetting problems.  Not enough of them to make me question your core ability, but enough that I know you have not developed a discipline for self proof-reading.  (As one of the review comments proclaimed no spelling errors, you're not the only one who hasn't.)

Casually I'd say you've earned a B– so far on the technical side; for the story itself I haven't read enough yet to pass a fair judgment (hence I have not voted on the entry yet) but I think I've figured out enough to expect that it will be worthy of being suggested to others, which is probably the highest praise a fan-ficition can earn, with something of a caveat.  I will revise this impression as necessary when I find free time to lend it further attention.

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:Jul 5, 2013 8:43 AM(Edited:Jul 5, 2013 7:56 PM) Title:Re: Mina: The Forum (Probably NSFW)

(As one of the review comments proclaimed no spelling errors, you're not the only one who hasn't.)

Hey, I resent that :(.  There's a difference between reading for fun and providing some feedback, and sitting down to scrutinize every word of a piece.  At least the writing is better than some others in the archive that have glaring errors everywhere. maybe I've gotten used to reading bad writing... *shudder*

But yea, take cge0361's advice.  He's quite a good writer himself and knows what he's talking about more than I do.

Edit: Typo *dies of embarrassment*

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

•  
    cge0361
    Date:Jul 5, 2013 3:23 PM Title:Re: Mina: The Forum (Probably NSFW)
    There's a difference between reading for fun and providing some feedback, and sitting down to scrutinize every word of a piece.
    For me, the difference is if I'm making note of each error and reporting them all to the author afterwards, or if I merely respond with a disapproving shake of my head.
    . . . others in the archive that glaring errors everywhere.
    You accidentally a word.
    maybe I've gotten used to reading bad writing...
    Perhaps, but more likely I expect is that you've trained yourself to ignore errors, which would result from being exposed to many of them and choosing to endure their onslaught undaunted.  While that may accelerate the reading process, and prevent you from pressing the eject button on a good many submissions, it will also lead to a loss of comprehension.  (After all, an error is a form of detail, so if a single one is overlooked unnoticed, that's a detail that was not received from the text, instead smoothed over by the brain's amazing ability to recover from information gaps.)

•  
    Junior Time Keeper
    crystal serebii
    Date:Jul 5, 2013 3:58 PM(Edited:Jul 5, 2013 4:22 PM) Title:Re: Mina: The Forum (Probably NSFW)

not long-winded, but pretentious.  You seem to be going into this thinking you're writing the next Potter or Twilight series and are feathering a nest in preparation.

Hehe... pretentious. I like it. Nice choice of wording! :)
    As for writing the next Harry Potter novel; I guess I just want to go as big as I can? Whats that old saying? "Go big or go home."
    Truthfully, when I started typing up the story, I wasn't expecting people to read it, much less like it... but then I started getting reviews that said it was okay, and then I was all like "Awesome! I gots tha readerz!" And since I was planning on having the story be way longer than just a short fling anyway, I decided to post a forum thread in the old forums so people could ask questions as things got more convoluted, and maybe spin crazy theories that I could read and maybe even implement. :/  (Ok, maybe attract attention as well...)
    As I said though, the forum was pretty much neglected and it was basically just me announcing new chapters, I don't know if it was because the forums were scheduled to reset, or if people think I suck, but what eva :/

Having read the first chapter of your piece at this moment, I have no serious complaints about it and it does show you understand what writing a chapter means rather than the typical neophyte's "sit down, write 1500 words, submit as a chapter" pattern, but it's infested with typographical errors and typesetting problems.  Not enough of them to make me question your core ability, but enough that I know you have not developed a discipline for self proof-reading.

:D you read my first chapter?? Yay! Thanks for reading! And whats more you even reviewed here, maybe there too? I havent looked at it yet :P.
    THERE ARE TYPOS IN MY STORY!?? NO WAY! I could have sworn that word got em all, unless you may be referring to pokemon names, those I really suck at. I'll be the first person to say, "I cnt spel too sav me live." You are also correct in saying that I have terrible self proof reading skills, I realize that is something I have to work on, and I cant really say that I re-read every chapter I post six or seven times, if two... if that 7_7". If you think chapter 0 was "okay" I would like your opinion on the others as well. Even if you say they are terrible, I'd love to hear it.

Casually I'd say you've earned a B– so far on the technical side; for the story itself I haven't read enough yet to pass a fair judgment (hence I have not voted on the entry yet) but I think I've figured out enough to expect that it will be worthy of being suggested to others, which is probably the highest praise a fan-ficition can earn, with something of a caveat.  I will revise this impression as necessary when I find free time to lend it further attention.

I know it must sound very... um.... (conceited?) of me but, if you want to hear my honest opinion. Chapter 0 is good. Chapter 1 is better. Chapters 2-4 are a bit worse because I shortened the chapter lengths and I'm still trying to figure out where the thirdenary character stands personality wise. Chapter 5 is epic. and chapter 6 is... well, not much happens in chapter 6. Chapter 7 will be long and I hope it will be just as good as chapter 1 :/ I'm kinda in the middle of it but it seems to be coming along nicely. However, No matter what I think of my chapters, I love them all and stand by them as if they were my children. And I would never tell my chapters which one I loved best lol.
    Thanks for your time ^_^ I appreciate it.

ban3r000.png

•  
    cge0361
    Date:Jul 5, 2013 4:22 PM Title:Re: Mina: The Forum (Probably NSFW)
    Go big or go home.
    Home is where the heart is.

THERE ARE TYPOS IN MY STORY!?? NO WAY!
    Here are a couple that were glaring enough for me to remember specifically and can find and cite without undue effort.
    • Taking a look at my electrode alarm clock, the time read 8:312 AM.
    • ...while Fii and Cell decided to leave their home...

I could have sworn that word got em all
    ♪ Gotta catch 'em all...gotta catch 'em all...TYPÓMON! ♬

I would like your opinion on the others as well.
    Unless I am driven off, you will have it.

•  
    Junior Time Keeper
    crystal serebii
    Date:Jul 5, 2013 4:30 PM(Edited:Jul 5, 2013 4:38 PM) Title:Re: Mina: The Forum (Probably NSFW)
    THERE ARE TYPOS IN MY STORY!?? NO WAY!
    Here are a couple that were glaring enough for me to remember specifically and can find and cite without undue effort.
    • Taking a look at my electrode alarm clock, the time read 8:312 AM.
    • ...while Fii and Cell decided to leave their home...

[/face_palm]
    Thanks for that. Damn auto correct correcting things I don't want it to correct lol.
    The mistakes have been mended. :)

Edit: I really like your quote descriptions. I didn't notice them at first, but after a while it dawned on me lol. and that comment about TYPOMON left me laughing to the point of tears.

ban3r000.png

<<12>><<12>>