AGNPH Forums

New Site has officially launched!

•  
    Mewtwo of Finland
    Yiffmaniac
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 11:40 AM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    This is a concept that is almost entirely impossible. We do not write this software ourselves, and modifying different pieces of software of different natures to use the same information is highly destabilizing and often impossible to achieve, considering the amount of code that would need to be changed at the software's core. Such changes could take years have working perfectly. Times that by how many different pieces of software we use.

In short, it's virtually impossible to do as you are saying.

I agree but I don't think that it's impossible, you can get very close to that by using Joomla! with following extensions:
    - Kunena for forum
    - Phoca Gallery for gallery
    - DOCman for fics

There isn't actual Oekaki extension for Joomla!(Joom Paint is closest to that) but it isn't as important as those 3 so it can be separated.

•  
    Hah. Gaaay.
    BRN Six
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 1:20 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!

This is a concept that is almost entirely impossible. We do not write this software ourselves, and modifying different pieces of software of different natures to use the same information is highly destabilizing and often impossible to achieve, considering the amount of code that would need to be changed at the software's core. Such changes could take years have working perfectly. Times that by how many different pieces of software we use.

In short, it's virtually impossible to do as you are saying.

I agree but I don't think that it's impossible, you can get very close to that by using Joomla! with following extensions:
    - Kunena for forum
    - Phoca Gallery for gallery
    - DOCman for fics

There isn't actual Oekaki extension for Joomla!(Joom Paint is closest to that) but it isn't as important as those 3 so it can be separated.

Honestly, I think the work involved in integrating that would be abysmally higher than the petty reward of having a single sign-on, especially because cookies basically remove all of the user's workload already. Impossible or not, it seems an unreasonable request if this is the easiest solution.

~BRNx

•  
    Just a gamer and dude that likes having fun
    Dsc
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 2:20 PM(Edited:Jul 4, 2013 5:09 PM) Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!

Well... Agnph is ruined for me... can't use it efficiently... my 3DS can't load the entire page anymore and it loads very slowly... the pm system isn't simple enough... it won't load anymore...

People need to stop using Game Console browsers to browse websites. They are horrible. The only browser on a console that's EVER been half-decent is the Wii U's browser.

Wii, DS, DSi, 3DS, PS3, and XBOX 360's browsers ALL suck. Use a PC, or failing that, even smartphones and cheap netbooks and tablets have much better browsers.

Might I remind you we aren't RICH! We can't pop out a few hundred to a thousand bucks to get a new PC! We have to live within our means, but thanks for understanding -_-

•  
    Hah. Gaaay.
    BRN Six
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 2:28 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    Might I remind you we aren't RICH! We can't pop out a few hundred to a thousand bucks yo get a new PC! We have to live within our means, but thanks for understanding -_-

A netbook PC is cheaper than a 3DS, just saying, and far more useful if you're that strained for income.

~BRNx

•  
    Dsc
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 2:37 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    Depends on that 3DS Brn. The original 3DS is 199 or lower, 3DS XL is about 299 or lower. But even then there are deal sales that happen repeatedly which make them cheaper. I highly doubt a NetBook pc in my regional area will be lower then a 3DS

•  
    Flygon did it...
    HatchlingByHeart
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 5:17 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    The website and it's software are designed with PCs and other devices designed for browsing the internet in mind, not gaming machines that happen to have browsers included, they're not cut out for this. You don't use your waffle iron to make toast.

Sorry if I offended you, but there's nothing I can do about the ineptness of console browsers. No amount of code is going to make them work better, you simply need to use a better device. Surely your local library or someone you know has a PC you can use if your console isn't sufficient?

•  
    Dsc
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 5:22 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    A Local Library bitched about me being there all the time & they caused a bunch of bs & drama

B I live in a tiny town in the middle of butt no where. My friends live 30 minute drive away from me & I can't get a licence to drive because of being blind in 1 eye so I gotta relay on my lazy ass parental.

So in other words NO I have no other means of accessing a PC

•  
    Flygon did it...
    HatchlingByHeart
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 6:07 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!

A Local Library bitched about me being there all the time & they caused a bunch of bs & drama

B I live in a tiny town in the middle of butt no where. My friends live 30 minute drive away from me & I can't get a licence to drive because of being blind in 1 eye so I gotta relay on my lazy ass parental.

So in other words NO I have no other means of accessing a PC

I'm sorry to hear that. There's still nothing I can do.

•  
    Dsc
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 6:18 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    Well the problem was solved & I can view the reply button

•  
    Grammar Nazi <3
    TnT
    Date:Jul 4, 2013 6:40 PM Title:Re: New Site has officially launched!
    It's been a long time running. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I visit the site after having not done so in quite a while, and the overhaul's been completed. Coincidences are awesome. I've already looked around, and everything seems to be working amazingly for me. Great job you guys!