AGNPH Forums

How active is this site these days?

•  
    darkness
    Date:May 4, 2016 10:19 PM Title:RE: How active is this site these days?

That's sad am not a fan of places with barely anyone wanting to come back. While I know things come up which make people to those types of things its sad to see.

•  
    just remember. im here as the big swampert teddy..
    dark devil
    Date:May 5, 2016 8:09 PM Title:RE: How active is this site these days?

Well I come here every once in a while. To be honest I think "life" has happend to alot of old users here and they moved on. Though I have kept in contact with a few select. It may also be do to the fact some odd shit happend here. We had this "family" rp go on and it just ended up being out of control in the way of drama. But I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that still checks in from time to time.

the more messier your room is  the smarter you are.

•  
    darkness
    Date:May 6, 2016 12:22 AM Title:RE: How active is this site these days?

The 'life' thing seems to happen a lot. Which makes everyone move onto other things and it also bad to have things that would end up going out of control. Like you mentioned about that rp I've seen some people post here from time to time.

•  
    Illusionairy Fox
    Chief
    Date:May 6, 2016 12:49 AM Title:RE: How active is this site these days?

No, the "family RP" thing was something that careened out of control. Hearts got broken, jealousies raged, people got banned. Eventually, the admins decided that RP would be better off in a sister site (HungryPokemonForums.agn.ph or something like that), in PMs or the IRC, with no sub-forum to actually post RPs on.

With better sites handling forums (local furry forums), galleries (e621, FurAffinity, InkBunny, etc.), or fanfics (FanFiction.Net), pretty much everyone ditched AGNPH for these better sites. Practically the only thing going for AGN at this rate is the Okeakai (or however its spelled), which isn't even visible in the top bar anymore. That, and the IRC, which basically all the staff have fucked off to, with seemingly only Cyn posting once a month on the "Fanfiction of the Month" thing.

I've stayed in contact with a lot of friends I've made here in AGNPH over Skype, Discord, IRC (and not in the #agnph channel) and texts/emails. I literally only visit to see if this place has any life left, and so far, this thread and Cyn's once-a-month posts are the last gasps of a fading community.

•  
    Friendly resident Cyndaquil
    Cyn
    Date:May 6, 2016 4:10 AM Title:RE: How active is this site these days?
    Chief on May 5, 2016 said:

Practically the only thing going for AGN at this rate is the Okeakai (or however its spelled), which isn't even visible in the top bar anymore. That, and the IRC, which basically all the staff have fucked off to, with seemingly only Cyn posting once a month on the "Fanfiction of the Month" thing.

To be fair, we admins generally just don't post much but we generally are quite active (I at least check the forums daily, and everyone's on IRC most of the time). As for the oekaki, we still have plans to open that back up with all the original posts once we finish setting up new-and-improved software (oekaki are exclusively made as Java applets, which browser support for kinda died off in the past year or two).

There's even a theme going on now with prizes offered, so if you know any old or new authors, feel free to let them know!

siYrw.gif
    ~My fire shall always burn eternal~

•  
    dark devil
    Date:May 6, 2016 12:12 PM Title:RE: How active is this site these days?

This site I would say is good. I meet friends here I don't think I would have meet anywhere else. I know I suggested this before but maybe a small rp section? I know we have Pms and the irc n such but no harm in playing around seeing as the family rp thing won't ever pop up again.

•  
    darkness
    Date:May 6, 2016 8:42 PM Title:RE: How active is this site these days?

I know I for one would like to make friends am not much of a fan of chatting though in the irc.

•  
    Veryd
    Veryd
    Date:May 8, 2016 10:17 AM Title:RE: How active is this site these days?
    Chief on May 6, 2016 said:

No, the "family RP" thing was something that careened out of control.

That's quite true. In the end nobody knew who was related with followed by the rest what you mentioned out

Chief on May 6, 2016 said:

I literally only visit to see if this place has any life left, and so far, this thread and Cyn's once-a-month posts are the last gasps of a fading community.

Same here. But most of the time sticking to PM's because forum wise there is like nothing to reply to

•  
    dark devil
    Date:May 9, 2016 8:31 PM Title:RE: How active is this site these days?

Well there's nothing to reply to cause a large majority of users stick to the irc and don't bother to come here. Least that's what i assume. That and I think facebook, cell phones, and other solcal networks and such are used to keep in contact. Others I think just stopped coming all together and don't keep in contact. It's kinda sad to see most of the people go. I'm sure most of us enjoyed chatting and rping with one another back when everyone was till here.

•  
    Befuddling since 1985, when the Cows came home
    Raw19
    Date:May 25, 2016 9:00 AM Title:RE: How active is this site these days?
    dark devil on May 9, 2016 said:

Well there's nothing to reply to cause a large majority of users stick to the irc and don't bother to come here. Least that's what i assume. That and I think facebook, cell phones, and other solcal networks and such are used to keep in contact. Others I think just stopped coming all together and don't keep in contact. It's kinda sad to see most of the people go. I'm sure most of us enjoyed chatting and rping with one another back when everyone was till here.

I, for one, highly enjoyed such. But, alas.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KyeGuard?feature=mhee

~ You think You're surprised? You should have seen My expression when they told me the Rain in Spain stays Mainly on the Plains! ~

~ Quotes and the like are only popular if that's what 'she' said. ~